Along with fireworks displays and great barbecue, 4th of July 2013 also promises a number of savings opportunities to take advantage of on the holiday as well as over the long weekend.
Many retailers are offering July 4th freebies, deals and discounts no one should miss. So as you prepare to have visitors at your home, visit someone else’s home or participate in the activities occuring in your city, don’t miss out on the opportunity to save money at the same time.
July 4th Freebies, Discounts and Deals You Can’t Miss
There are so many fantastic freebies, deals and discounts to take advantage of this July 4th 2013 there it will be tough to list them all. But we’re going to try our best to share with you all of the ways that you give your bank account a savings treat this Independence Day.
4th of July Discounts from Banks
Financial establishments are getting in on the 4th of July deals with savings, checking and credit card offers.
- Bank of America: Bank of America is offering up to $250 as a checking account promotion once customers sign up for the Keep the Change Program. The program rounds up all Bank of America debit card purchases to the nearest dollar amount then transfers the difference to a Bank of America savings account.
- Chase Bank: Chase customers can receive a $200 coupon when opening a Chase Total Checking account and setting up a direct deposit. Offer only available to new Chase customers. Account requires $25 to open. Must use coupon. Expires August 15, 2013.
- Citibank: Customers can earn $100 bonus cash back when they apply for a Citi Dividend Card and spend $500 in the first three months. This deal expires July 31, 2013.
- PNC Bank: By opening a Virtual Wallet Account and completing a qualifying direct deposit (along with one payment via PNC Online Bill Pay) PNC Bank customers can receive a $150 bank bonus. Direct deposit and bill payment must occur within 60 days of account opening. Total amount of all qualifying direct deposits credited to checking account must be at least $2,000. Expires July 27, 2013.
- Salem Five: Salem Five is offering a $100 Visa Reward Card to new customers who open a new Salem Five Star, Gold Star or eOne Checking account as a primary owner. The account holder must make two direct deposits over $250 each, six online bill pays over $25 each or 20 debit transactions over $5 each within 60 days of opening an account to receive the reward card.
- Sovereign Bank: Customers of Sovereign Bank can take advantage of up to a $125 bonus with the Sovereign Goal Savings Account. In order to be eligible for an Interest Bonus, customers must have a Sovereign Checking account open at the time the Interest Bonus is credited. Also, customers must have at least one recurring transfer per month into the Sovereign Goal Savings account from a Sovereign Checking account.
Food Chain and Retailer Independence Day Deals
Retailers are making July 4th a blast with some amazing Independence Day deals, discounts and offers.
Apparel, Accessories and Beauty
- Backcountry: Backcountry is running its Find Freedom at the 4th of July Sale with discounts of up to 40 percent off.
- Bare Necessities: One July 4th and beyond, you can enjoy Bare Necessities’ 30-percent to 40-percent-off sale alone with an extra 20 percent off with coupon code (BNSAVINGS). Offer expires on July 31.
- Bath and Body Works: Bath and Body Works is taking up to 75 percent off Semi-Annual Sale, both in-store and online. Customers can also take an additional 20 percent off online with the beach code BEACHES13. Offer ends on July 7.
- Children’s Place: Children’s Place is offering an extra 20 percent off site wide with code V8KFAY13. Sale ends on July 8.
- Foot Locker: Take $20 off $120 purchases with the code LKS1CP3N. Offer expires on July 31.
- Justice: Justice customers can save an extra 40 percent off their entire purchase with the coupon code 721. No coupon is necessary when making purchases in-store. Deals end on July 11.
- Kate Spade: Kate Spade is offering one of the best July 4th discounts with its 50-percent to 75-percent off deal on handbags. Online purchases can take advantage of free shipping.
- Nautica: Nautica is offering 40 percent off the purchase of four or more items when using the coupon code “July 4″ at checkout.
- Nine West: Nine West is offering buy one, get one 50 percent off site-wide for a limited time. Free shipping available on all orders, no minimum purchase required.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom is offering up to 60 percent off handbags and jewelry. Free shipping is available all the time.
- PacSun: Customers can enjoy a buy one get one free sale and also use the coupon code FREE4YOU to enjoy free shipping on online purchases through July 4.
- RUUM Children’s Wear: Take 20 percent off any order with the coupon code RUUM4SUMMER. Deal ends on July 11.
- ShopLately: ShopLately is offering discounts on numerous July 4th fashion accessories, along with an extra 20 percent off with the discount code FASTION20 when purchasing online. Discount can be coupled with free shipping code.
- Woman Within: Women Within is currently running a clearance of up to 80 percent off limited-quantity items. Customers can also receive free shipping on orders of $50 or more with the coupon code WW69057.
- 7-Eleven: While not among the July 4th deals, the popular convenience store is offering a free small Slurpee on July 11 (7/11). No coupon necessary. Visit 7-Eleven Day Dance Party Facebook page for more information.
- Boston Market: Boston Market is offering a coupon online to take 50 percent off its Family Meal on July 4th only. Coupon applies to restaurant and online orders.
- Jamba Juice: Jamba Juice is offering buy one, get one free smoothies through July 7.
- Joe’s Crab Shack: Customers who print this coupon can enjoy 10 percent off their entire purchase. Coupon expires on July 8.
- Kwik Trip: Join the Kwik Trip email club via Facebook and receive a coupon for a free 16-ounce coffee and doughnut. Offer does not have an expiration date.
- Macaroni Grill: Customers who print this coupon can enjoy 10 percent off their entire purchase. Coupon expires on July 8.
- Outback Steakhouse: Military members can take 10 percent off a meal with their IDs. Offer is available through July 4.
- Tai Pei Frozen Asian Food: Like Tai Pei Frozen Asian Food on Facebook and receive a coupon for a discount or free meal (you must break virtual fortune cookie to reveal your deal). Offer does not have an expiration date.
- Wing Stop: Wing Stop is offering free regular fresh-cut seasoned fries with any wing purchase. Customers must have coupon. Expires on July 4.
Furniture, Electronics and Appliances
- Best Buy: Take 10 percent to 30 percent off major appliances at Best Buy. Countertop microwaves and floor care are discounted by 10 percent to 20 percent.
- Dell: Dell is offer an extra $50 off select laptop purchases $599.99 and above when using the code 0H9Q3PQ6L3774C during checkout.
- Macy’s: Customers can take advantage of Macy’s July 4th Furniture Sale, which takes 55 percent to 60 percent off outdoor furniture and offers free delivery with a $999 outdoor furniture purchase within normal delivery areas.
- Sears: Sears is offering July 4th deals on appliances, along with an extra 10-percent off purchases of $499 or more with code: APPLIANCE10 (only on appliances sold by Sears).
- Amazon: Amazon is offering discounts on TVs, clothes, shoes and more on July 4th. Visit the website for more details.
- eBay: eBay is having a 4th of July Blowout Sale in every category.
- MacMall: Celebrate Independence Day with a 4th of July Sale offering up to $649 off. Deal expires on July 4.
- Newegg: Newegg is offering a massive July 4th sale that includes major discounts on computers and accessories, as well as free shipping on select items.
Travel on a Budget to Enjoy Your 4th of July Holiday
If you want to make the most of Independence Day then you may want to visit other parts of the country. Good thing there are some great 4th of July discounts to help you out!
- Cheapoair: Cheapoair is offering up to 65 percent off flights plus an extra $15 off with the promo code SUMMER15. Expires July 31.
- Hotels.com: Hotels.com is offering 30 percent off with its 4th of July Hotel Stay deal.
- Orbitz: Travelers can save 15 percent off travel with the code SPF#15 . Travel must be booked by July 7 and not include Blackout Dates.
- SeaWorld: Use the promo code SWCTACOBELL2013 to get a free 2nd visit to SeaWorld in San Diego. SeaWorld San Antonio is offering $12 off tickets with the code SAVE12.
- Travel Zoo: Travel Zoo is asking travelers to celebrate their Independence Day 2013 by taking advantage of savings of to 65 percent on travel. The deal includes travel between June 29 and July 8.
Whether you’re looking for 4th of July freebies or enjoying some great Independence Day discounts, there are plenty of ways to honor your country and budget this holiday. Enjoy!
Image courtesy of nongpimmy / FreeDigitalPhotos.net