The Site is owned and operated by GOBankingRates. All aspects of the Site, including, but not limited to the design and “look and feel” thereof and all of the Content featured or displayed thereon, including, but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, animation, sound, illustrations and software and compilations thereof are, as between you and GOBankingRates, owned by GOBankingRates and/or its licensors or content providers.
All elements of the Site, including but not limited to, the Content thereof are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to property rights. Except as explicitly permitted under separate agreement with GOBankingRates, no portion or element of the Site or the Content may be reproduced, distributed, modified, publicly performed or displayed, transmitted, reverse engineered, decompiled, sold, sublicensed or otherwise exploited via any means or in any way and the Site, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of GOBankingRates and/or its Licensors and/or Content providers unless otherwise expressly agreed.
Use of the Site and Services
You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent (i) any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content, (ii) any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms, or (iii) any advertisement inserted on the Site and/or within the Content. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by GOBankingRates in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or retransmit the Content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links, or scrape or aggregate Content from the Site. You may not build a business, in whole or in part, utilizing any portion of the Content, whether or not for profit. The Content covered by these restrictions includes without limitation any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way on the Content, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
To the extent that GOBankingRates makes Content available to you via a widget, embedded player, rss feed or other technology that allows you to embed or stream Content on or to another site, you may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of such technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with such technology, or any advertisement delivered via such technology.
You are also prohibited from disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with or otherwise circumventing any technology to allow users to view the Content without: (i) displaying visibly both the Content and all surrounding elements (including the graphical user interface, any advertising, copyright notices, and trademarks); and (ii) having full access to all functionality permitting viewing of the Content, including, without limitation, all video quality and display functionality and all interactive, elective or click-through advertising functionality.
FOR THE PROTECTION OF GOBANKINGRATES AND ITS LICENSORS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS, CONTENT MAY BE VISIBLY, INVISIBLY, OR ELECTRONICALLY WATERMARKED AND MAY INCLUDE THE USE OF DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY WITHIN THE CONTENT. SUCH TECHNOLOGY MAY PERMIT ONLINE CRAWLING OR TRACKING OF CONTENT OBTAINED FROM GOBANKINGRATES AND/OR OTHER METHODS OF PROTECTING, MONITORING, OR TRACKING THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE CONTENT (“RIGHTS MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS” OR “RMS”). If you do not consent to GOBankingRates’ use of RMS, do not use the Site or any Content found therein. You shall not knowingly disable any such technology or tool. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content, caption information, or any other material on this Site. Additionally, unless authorized by GOBankingRates in writing, you may not:
Access to the Site and Availability of Services
You must be 18 years of age to be eligible to use this Site unsupervised and We ask that minors and children do not submit any personal information to us. By using this Site unsupervised, and/or registering for an account, you warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. This Site and the Services intended for use by residents in the United States of America, its territories and possessions (“U.S.”).
You are responsible for any charges incurred in obtaining access to the Site and the Services.
Registration Rules and Requirements
Should GOBankingRates provide to you a password that allows you to access certain parts of the Site or for the Services, you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your account information, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree that you will immediately notify GOBankingRates of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security, and that you will log off of the Site or the Services at the end of each session to prevent fraud on your account by third parties.
Communications from the Site
GOBankingRates may send you newsletters or other communications. You have the option to unsubscribe from such emails. GOBankingRates reserves the right to send you emails regarding your account or emails containing service updates or other communications relating to the operation of the Site or Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
You agree that GOBankingRates is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall GOBankingRates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of the Site, from any Content posted on or through GOBankingRates, or from the conduct of any users of the Services, whether online or offline.
Despite our efforts to provide accurate information, this Site may contain technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies or typographical errors. Additionally, this Site and its Content may include historically and culturally important images and text that may contain subjects that reflect the social attitudes and circumstances of a particular time or location. You should be aware that your search may display results containing content that may seem inappropriate to its context, or text that could be potentially offensive. You are solely responsible for determining whether your use of any Content requires the consent of any third party or the license of any additional rights, and you should not rely solely on the information provided by GOBankingRates or its licensors or content providers. If you are unsure whether additional third-party rights are needed for your use, you are responsible for consulting with competent rights management professionals or legal counsel.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NEITHER GOBANKINGRATES NOR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT THEREON UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN AN APPLICABLE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND GOBANKINGRATES. WITH RESPECT TO ALL OTHER CLAIMS RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR CONTENT, UNLESS OTHERWISE SET FORTH IN A LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR USE OF THE CONTENT WITH GOBANKINGRATES, GOBANKINGRATES’ LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT PAID TO GOBANKINGRATES BY YOU, IF ANY, OR $500.
GOBankingRates respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, GOBankingRates has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide GOBankingRates’ Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Many of the features of www.GOBankingRates.com are available to you without your providing personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The following are certain situations in which GOBankingRates may collect personally identifiable information from you:
- Registration for Newsletters and Sweepstakes. GOBankingRates collects personally identifiable information from you if you register online for one of GOBankingRates’s newsletters and when you enter GOBankingRates’s sweepstakes. When you register online with GOBankingRates, GOBankingRates asks for personally identifiable information like your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, personal interests and other demographic information.
- Forms. GOBankingRates may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys on www.GOBankingRates.com.
- Correspondence. If you send GOBankingRates personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send GOBankingRates correspondence about your activities or postings on www.GOBankingRates.com, GOBankingRates may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Business Partners GGOBankingRates may receive your personally identifiable information from one of GOBankingRates’s business partners.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
GOBankingRates uses your personally identifiable information as follows:
- to improve GOBankingRates’s marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve GOBankingRates’s content and product offerings, and customize GOBankingRates’s content, layout, and services;
- to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banner advertisements, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of www.GOBankingRates.com;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Unless you are entering one of GOBankingRates’s sweepstakes, GOBankingRates does not currently sell your personally identifiable information. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- Advertisers. GOBankingRates may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. For example, GOBankingRates may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose it to network advertisers in a non-personally identifiable manner as set forth in the section entitled “Network Advertisers,” set forth below.
- Network Advertising. GOBankingRates may use third-party advertising companies for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Using third-party advertising companies helps us and third-party advertisers better determine which advertisements or content to serve to you. For example, the third-party advertisers may use information regarding your visits to www.GOBankingRates.com and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services, that third party advertisers believe will be of interest to you.
The types of information that may be collected by third-party advertising companies include the following:
- the type of Internet browser you use;
- the type of computer operating system you use;
- the domain name of a Web site you visit, as well as information related to Web sites and Web pages you are viewing when an advertisement is requested;
- whether or not you visit specific pages of www.GOBankingRates.com or other Web sites;
- the location of your Internet service provider’s point of presence;
- the date and time of a visit to a Web site;
- search keywords passed from another server;
- the number of times you have clicked on an advertisement; and
- other interactions between you and a Web site.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party advertising companies’ use of such information, go to www.SavingsSavy.info/unsubscribe
Newsletters and CAN-SPAM Compliance
GOBankingRates.com sends only verified newsletters, specifically requested by GOBankingRates subscribers. Subscriptions to GOBankingRates.com newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail. GOBankingRates.com is fully compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. GOBankingRates, its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies, may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. GOBankingRates, and its external service providers, internal service providers, and third-party advertising companies gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, a third-party advertising company may assign a cookie (and a Web beacon, described below) to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular advertisement or to help better determine which advertisements to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
Personally identifiable information you submit to GOBankingRates is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas GOBankingRates uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises GOBankingRates security measures, GOBankingRates will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information.
Links to Other Web sites
Many of the offers appearing on this site are from advertisers from which this website receives compensation for being listed here. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). These offers do not represent all deposit accounts available.
All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. Additionally, this site may be compensated through third party advertisers.
Questions or Concerns
Governing Law; Arbitration
THEREFORE, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS AND YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN OR BRING CLASS ACTIONS. BY USING WWW.GOBANKINGRATES.COM YOU CONSENT TO THESE RESTRICTIONS.
You and GOBankingRates shall select the arbitrator, and if you and GOBankingRates are unable to reach agreement on selection of the arbitrator within thirty (30) days after the notice of arbitration is served, then the American Arbitration Association shall select the arbitrator. Arbitration shall not commence until the party requesting it has deposited One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) with the arbitrator for the arbitrator’s fees and costs. The party requesting arbitration shall advance such sums as are required from time to time by the arbitrator to pay the arbitrator’s fees and costs until the prevailing party is determined or the parties have agreed in writing to an alternate allocation of fees and costs.
Judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final, binding and conclusive upon you and GOBankingRates and your and GOBankingRates’s respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns, and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, in no event shall either you or GOBankingRates be entitled to punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages and both you and GOBankingRates hereby waive your and GOBankingRates’s respective rights to any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, damages for any loss of profit, revenue or business.