3Commas Review: What To Know About the Crypto Trading Bot Platform
Ease of Use
- User-friendly interface that even novices can navigate
- Supports an impressive 17 cryptocurrency exchanges
- Industry-leading selection of features
- Multiple price tiers
- All trades are commission-free with no hidden charges
- Cost-prohibitive for many traders
- Novices might not benefit from the platform's full functionality
3Commas enables bot-based automatic — or algorithmic — trading, which eliminates emotion and human error to deliver 24/7 precision transactions. Traders can use the platform to copy the actions of pro traders, enable stop-loss and take-profit commands, minimize losses, analyze bot performance and track progress.
It has competitors, but few that can match its vast menu of features, functionality and ease of use.
3Commas has earned a stellar reputation by delivering functionality, removing hidden fees and implementing innovative automated trading tech on a user-friendly interface.
Many traders will find 3Commas to be cost-prohibitive, but its pricing tiers are transparent and there are no hidden fees.
3Commas offers options for three paid plans:
- Starter: $29 per month or $22 with an annual payment
- Advanced: $49 per month or $37 with an annual payment
- Pro: $99 per month or $74 with an annual payment
There’s also an enterprise option with custom-built trading automation tools tailored for asset managers. Features include priority support and dedicated infrastructure, with more features to come.
3Commas offers its users more than 20 unique trading features.
The platform’s impressive range of tools includes a one-click rebalancing feature, a dashboard that supports multiple accounts, paper trading without money or risk, a smart cover feature that lets you sell and buy back coins to compensate for unexpected market moves, options bots and signal subscriptions for copying other traders’ strategies.
Ease of Use
Aside from its broad menu of features, 3Commas excels because of its intuitive functionality. A web-based system, it’s user-friendly and easy to navigate through a familiar interface. Bots are simple to set up, and novices can get started with a mini smart bot, which 3Commas designed for simplicity.
Customer support is lacking for anyone who prefers talking to a human. The Estonia-based company offers customer assistance in several languages through a help page that provides answers to common questions. But beyond that, users can get help only via email, social media or a help center request.
How 3Commas Stands Out
3Commas prioritizes security and keeps your holdings safe by making it impossible for your assets to leave your exchange. The platform connects to exchanges via encrypted API, which allows it to communicate with your exchange and issue commands to start and close deals, but 3Commas never has access to your private keys, login info or passwords. 3Commas has zero access to your funds and no ability to transfer or withdraw digital assets or fiat currency.
Comparable Bot Options
3Commas is not the only game in town. The bot-based crypto trading revolution is in full swing, and 3Commas is facing some stiff competition.
Cryptohopper also has three paid membership plans, and each tier is similar in price to those that 3Commas offers. Also like 3Commas, Cryptohopper lets users automate continuous trading without having to watch the markets. Cryptohopper is also similar in that it offers long and short trading with limit orders, automated trading and a user-friendly interface. With 16 supported exchanges, it comes up just a little short of 3Commas.
Also based in Estonia, Bitsgap is another crypto-bot platform with features and functionality similar to 3Commas. It supports 15 exchanges to 3Commas’ 17, and its pricing is roughly the same in the entry-level plan but more expensive in the two higher tiers. Like Cryptohopper, it offers a seven-day free trial, but after that, there is no free plan.
It offers comparable features like signal sending, no-risk demos, portfolio trackers and the ability to earn passive income through customized trading bots.
How To Sign Up for 3Commas
Anyone can create a 3Commas account with only an email address. Once you sign up, you’ll begin a three-day free trial that gives you access to the full functionality of the platform and all of its features. When the introductory period ends, you either choose a membership plan or 3Commas will transition you to a free plan.
Who 3Commas Is Best For
3Commas is best for traders who want to automate transactions for holdings that are scattered across far-flung exchanges. The platform is designed for investors seeking to automate trades through bots that execute preset instructions.
For active traders and crypto enthusiasts who hold assets on multiple exchanges, 3Commas is the platform to beat. It’s not cheap, but its pricing structure is clear and straightforward. It supports nearly all of the biggest exchanges, and its vast menu of features can help traders monetize their portfolios and rack up wins whether the market is down, up or sideways.
- How much does 3Commas cost per year?
- The previously discussed price tiers each come with a discount of roughly 25% over the monthly rate when you commit to an annual payment. It's $264 per year for Starter, $444 for Advanced and $888 for Pro.
- Can I use 3Commas for free?
- 3Commas has a free plan with restricted functionality. You're still able to link to 17 exchanges and unify all your crypto in one place, but you're limited to one GRID, DCA, HODL and options bot. You also get one active smart trade, but free users don't have access to paper trading or smart bots.
- Is 3Commas free with Binance?
- 3Commas has a partnership with Binance that offers unique trading functionality. It's not free, but eligible new Binance accounts come with a full 30-day Pro subscription to 3Commas.
- What is better than 3Commas?
- Cryptohopper, Bitsgap and other top competitors offer slightly different tools, pricing and features. Some traders prefer one over the other, but the best option is the one that suits your trading style, needs and investment goals.
Information is accurate as of Jan. 24, 2023.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.