Fidelity Bank of Georgia is one of the largest community banks in Atlanta, with bank branches located in Florida as well. Fidelity offers personal banking, business banking, mortgage loans and wealth management services, with a Fidelity Bank mobile app and Fidelity online banking available at Fidelity’s LionBank.com. Read this review to find out if it’s the best bank for you.
Fidelity Bank Review
Fidelity Bank has over 60 branches throughout Atlanta and Florida. It offers additional finance services, including indirect automobile financing, construction lending, and mortgage offices throughout the Southeast.
Fidelity Bank — which is not affiliated with Fidelity Investments and is sometimes referred to as Lion Bank — features a Fidelity Bank app, free monthly online e-statements, Totally Free Checking accounts, credit cards, and automatic auto loan payments.
Fidelity bank location hours can vary but are typically 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays; and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays.
Fidelity Bank Products and Services
Fidelity offers a variety of products and services, from checking accounts to personal loans.
Fidelity Bank offers three types of checking accounts, and the Fidelity routing number for all checking accounts is 061102400:
- Totally Free Checking: This account requires a $50 minimum deposit. There are no monthly maintenance fees and no minimum balance, plus no per-check charge and unlimited check writing.
- Direct Free Interest Checking: This account has all the same features as Totally Free Checking but also offers competitive checking interest rates to account holders. It is ideal for those enrolled in Direct Deposit.
- Lion Share Interest Checking: High interest rates are offered with this account for customers who maintain a balance of $2,500 and above. There is an $8 monthly maintenance fee if the daily balance falls below $1,000.
If your goal is saving, Fidelity Bank offers several options to suit various needs. Find the Fidelity account that’s right for you:
- Personal Savings Account: Higher balances earn higher interest rates with this account. To avoid paying a $12 per-statement cycle maintenance fee, the minimum daily balance must be $200 or above. The minimum opening deposit is $50.
- Little Lion’s Savings Account: This account is for children under 18. The minimum deposit is only $1, and there are no maintenance fees and no minimum daily balance.
- Money Market Account: Earn a competitive interest rate while being able to write checks from the account. There is a $50 minimum opening deposit and a monthly maintenance fee of $6 if the daily balance falls below $1,000.
- Health Savings Account: This HSA has no minimum daily balance and unlimited withdrawals for qualified medical expenses. The minimum opening deposit is $50, and there is a $5 monthly maintenance fee.
- Certificate of Deposit: Deposit as little as $500 to open a CD. Terms range from 7 days to 95 months.
Read: Why You Should Open a CD
Other personal banking products include:
- Fidelity Bank Visa Check Card
- Personal credit cards
- Mobile Wallet
- Individual retirement accounts
Fidelity Bank offers several loan options for borrowers:
- Fidelity Bank mortgages
- Auto loans
- Personal loans
- Home equity lines of credit
Fidelity Bank’s Wealth Management team can assist clients with financial planning, investment strategies, trust and estate planning, lending solutions, cash management, and mortgage lending. Services provided include:
- Specialty lending and banking
- Trust services
- Investment management
Fidelity Bank Account Perks and Terms
Before deciding if Fidelity is the right bank for you, it’s important to compare the bank’s disadvantages and advantages.
- Mobile and online banking are available with the Fidelity mobile app. Access Fidelity online banking using your Fidelity Bank login.
- Access a range of products and services to aid with banking, investing and borrowing.
- Totally free checking is available.
- Fidelity personal credit cards are protected by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy.
- Customers get free use of any ATM.
- Bank branches and ATMs are located in Georgia and Florida only. To find a Fidelity Bank nearby, check the website for complete listings and find the Fidelity address nearest you.
- A $50 minimum is required to open most checking and savings accounts.
- Limited Fidelity customer service hours are offered: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays. The Fidelity customer service number is 404-248-LION (5466) or 888-248-LION (5466).
Check Out: Best National Banks of 2018
Should You Join Fidelity Bank?
If you live in the areas Fidelity serves, the bank could be a good choice for you depending on your banking needs. Fidelity is a one-stop shop for personal and business banking, wealth management and loans, so you could take care of all your financial needs in one place. Plus, the bank offers no-fee Fidelity checking accounts and online and mobile banking with the Fidelity app that make it convenient to bank from anywhere.
Fidelity might not be the best choice if you regularly travel or do business outside of Georgia and Florida, as you will not have access to a bank branch. There is also a $50 minimum to open most accounts, and Fidelity Bank customer service cannot be accessed 24/7.
More on Banking