- Comprehensive insurance available
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Towing coverage
- Claims service 24/7
- Quote requests from customer service are not 24/7
- Only available in 22 states
Overview of Dairyland Insurance
Dairyland Insurance began issuing auto insurance policies in 1916. Today that foundation still exists as Sentry Insurance, the parent company of Dairyland Insurance. In 1953, Stuart Struck established the Dairyland Insurance Company we know today.
He saw a need for specialized insurance policies that cover drivers that otherwise couldn’t get auto insurance. Since then, Dairyland and Sentry have helped drivers all across the country with insurance needs.
Dairyland Insurance Coverage Options
Dairyland primarily offers insurance to high-risk drivers. They boast low-cost policies with special discounts and month-to-month plans in place of long-term policies. They offer a wide range of coverage options so that drivers can customize a policy to fit their individual needs. Submit claims and get roadside assistance 24/7 with same-day insurance filings.
Dairyland Insurance Coverage
Dairyland’s coverage options include:
- Additional coverage for other drivers
- Special equipment or vehicle add-ons
- Towing services
- Medical payments in the case of injury
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists
Good To Know
Each state has different minimum coverage requirements and laws regarding the types of coverage offered.
Dairyland Policy Access
Policy owners can create a free Dairyland Insurance account online. Log in through your browser or the mobile app to access:
- Account information
- Coverage details
- Insurance ID cards
Dairyland Discount Options
Dairyland offers a variety of discounts to reward good driving histories and other factors, including:
- Defensive driving
- Payment frequency (paying your policy six months in advance is cheaper than paying monthly)
- Policy bundling with homeowners insurance
- Transferring from another provider
Keep In Mind
Similar to coverage, Dairyland insurance discount options vary from state to state.
Dairyland Insurance Customer Service
Dairyland has an easy-to-navigate Contact Us page on its website. The Better Business Bureau shows that 25 customer reviews left the business with an average of 1.08 out of 5 stars.
Dairyland Insurance Quotes
Get a Dairyland insurance quote for free online.
Potential customers can also receive a quote over the phone from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST on Saturdays.
Call 888-306-6798 to receive a quote on motorcycle insurance. Call 866-511-0448 to receive a quote on auto insurance.
Report Fraud to Dairyland Insurance
If you suspect fraud on your Dairyland insurance policy, contact their fraud team by phone at 877-736-8798 or by email at SIUTipLine@sentry.com.
Report Claims to Dairyland Insurance
The company accepts insurance claims 24/7/365. Call 800-334-0090 to file a claim anytime. The site also has a portal for submitting claim documents conveniently online.
If it’s after normal business hours, you can fill out the Dairyland Insurance secure form to ask a question online. The site says that someone will contact you back within 24 to 48 hours with an answer or to request additional information.
Tips for Getting a Better Insurance Quote with Dairyland Insurance
Dairyland Insurance offers tips and resources for customers on their site. If customers want to get lower rates on their insurance policy, here are some suggestions.
Try These Tips
- Increasing your credit score: This shows that you’re financially responsible and more trustworthy.
- Pay in advance: Pay your premium upfront instead of paying month-to-month.
- Longer terms: Agree to a six or 12-month term to lock in a low rate for longer.
- Driving record: Fewer accidents and tickets may mean that your policy could be cheaper.
- Vehicle type: Drive an older car because the lower value may cost less to insure.
- Driving courses: Complete a defensive driving course online through your local DMV.
If you live in one of the 22 available states where Dairyland offers coverage, it may be worth getting a quote. This is especially true if you have a less than stellar driving record or can’t be insured by other companies.
If you have any specific questions about how Dairyland Insurance handles certain circumstances, ask before you sign up for coverage. Get an idea of how long it takes to process claims, make policy changes and more.
Dariyland Insurance FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Dairyland Insurance.
- What states does Dairyland offer coverage in?
- Dairyland is currently licensed in 22 states, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Who is the parent company of Dairyland?
- Sentry Insurance acquired Dairyland in 1966. Sentry specializes in business insurance, while Dairyland focuses on personal insurance coverage.
- Does Dairyland Insurance offer roadside assistance to policyholders?
- Yes. Their roadside coverage includes emergency assistance for vehicle concerns like dead batteries, flat tires and breaking down. Depending on your policy, you may also have coverage for towing and repairs.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Dairyland. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Dairyland.
Discover the Best Banks of 2024: Unveiling Our Top Picks!
We've compiled a list of the top banks for this year!
Here Are the Pros and Cons of Using Multiple Banks
Many banks are one-stop-shop financial institutions...