How To Score American Express Presale Concert Tickets
Not all credit cards are created equal. Some people want the best travel credit card, while others prioritize cash back. American Express® National Bank, Member FDIC goes above and beyond with its rewards. One of the extra benefits of being a card member is exclusive priority access to concert tickets.
Here’s how to take advantage of the American Express membership rewards for concert tickets.
Benefits of Buying Concert Tickets With American Express
American Express is partnered with Ticketmaster for concert ticket sales. All American Express® Card Members get a range of exclusive benefits, including:
- Early Access
- Express Access
- Card member-exclusive performances
- Virtual experiences
Early Access allows card members to take advantage of a presale window, and Express Access lets customers reserve tickets.
Additionally, U.S. cardholders can use American Express® Preferred Access to find better seats at many events. Customers with a Platinum Card® or Centurion® membership will also get exclusive access to certain invite-only events.
Do You Get Discounts With American Express?
There is no discount for purchasing American Express concert tickets. Pricing and fees are set by the entities organizing the event — the ticket sellers, promoters and venue owners.
How Do I Get Concert Tickets With American Express?
Customers can follow the steps below to purchase concert tickets with American Express:
- Visit the American Express® Experiences website or download the AXS Tickets app on the App Store or on Google Play.
- Choose a concert to attend.
- Select “Get Tickets.”
- Enter a password and the first two digits of the card number that will be used.
- Under “Ticket Type,” choose American Express Card Member Presale or American Express Seating.
- Click on “Find Tickets.”
Mobile tickets will appear on the app, each with a unique QR code. Tickets can be securely shared with others.
For the best seats, card members can select American Express® Preferred Seating under “Ticket Type.” Buyers will then be prompted to enter their 10-digit service number, which can be found on the back of American Express cards.
Do You Need an American Express Card for Ticketmaster?
No — Ticketmaster accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club, Ticketmaster Gift Cards and debit cards.
However, only American Express card members can take advantage of the benefits outlined here by purchasing the concert tickets using their American Express card.
Other Terms When Buying Concert Tickets With American Express
These offers are only available in select cities around the world for certain events. Customers can’t exchange tickets or receive a refund once the sale is finalized. Blackout dates and limited availability may apply, potentially preventing card members from buying tickets.
FAQHere are some common questions people ask when buying American Express concert tickets.
- How do I get an American Express presale code?
- The American Express concert tickets presale code is a 10-digit service number that can be found on the back of the card customers are paying with.
- What does "American Express Invite Tickets" mean?
- American Express invite-only tickets are a special benefit for VIP access to exclusive events, given to Platinum Card or Centurion card members.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express.