With the Citi Double Cash card, you’ll earn 1 percent cash back on all purchases, plus an additional 1 percent cash back when you pay off the purchase. There are no category restrictions and no cap on how much cash back you can earn.
Keep reading this Citi Double Cash review to find out if it’s the best cash-back credit card for you.
|Citi Double Cash Card at a Glance|
|APR||15.24% to 25.24%|
|Intro APR||0% on balance transfers for 18 months|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of each purchase transaction in U.S. dollars|
|Rewards||Earn 1% unlimited cash back on all your purchases and an additional 1% on payments based on those purchases|
|Pros||Earn cash back twice on every purchase; 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 18 months; no annual fee|
|Cons||No intro APR on purchases; no sign-up bonus|
|Information accurate as of Sept. 6, 2018.|
In This Review:
- What you need to know about the Citi Double Cash card
- Best features of the Citi Double Cash card
- Citi Double Cash card rewards program
- Citi Double Cash card benefits and protections
- Should you apply now for a Citi Double Cash card?
The Citi Double Cash credit card allows you to earn 2 percent cash back on all purchases, with no limits on how much cash back you can earn. Plus, cardholders get additional benefits and protections, including a late fee pass and 24-hour fraud protection.
Best for: People who want to earn cash back on their purchases without rotating categories.
There is no annual fee with the Citi Double Cash card, and you will receive a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 18 months. There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3 percent of the transfer amount, whichever is greater. The card also has a simple rewards structure that doesn’t require any opting in or choosing specific categories to earn more cash back. In addition, being a Citi cardholder comes with perks that you would not get with other credit cards.
With the Citi Double Cash card, you earn cash back twice: Earn 1 percent unlimited cash back on every purchase you make, and then earn an additional 1 percent cash back on credit card payments, as long as you pay the minimum due. There are no category restrictions to receive cash back, and there is no limit to the amount of cash back you can earn. Cash back can be redeemed for checks or statement credits.
Note that you will only earn cash back on purchases; you do not earn cash back on balance transfers, cash advances, account fees, interest or returned items.
This credit card gives you access to the premium services that Citi provides for its clients, including:
- Credit card late fee pass: Applies to your first late fee.
- Citi Private Pass: Special access to purchase presale tickets and VIP packages to concerts, sporting events, and dining experiences, plus complimentary movie screenings and more.
- 24-hour fraud protection: Citibank will alert you if there is unusual activity.
- The Lost Wallet service: Quick card replacement and emergency cash.
- Citi Identity Theft Solutions: Get additional help if you’re an identity theft victim.
- EMV chip technology: Your credit card comes with a chip for enhanced security.
- $0 liability for unauthorized charges: You won’t be financially liable for unauthorized credit card charges.
- Compatible with Apple Pay: Connect your card with Apple Pay for easy payments.
- Citi Concierge: Experts can assist with travel, shopping, dining, entertainment and everyday needs.
- Access to live customer service representatives 24/7: Talk to a real person whenever you need help.
This card could benefit those looking to earn cash back with no strings attached. However, with no intro APR, this card is not a good fit for those who are unable to make payments in full, as you’ll have to pay a high interest rate from the start.
Keep reading to find the best credit card offers, deals and bonuses.
More on Rewards Credit Cards
- The Top 10 Most Exclusive Black Cards You Don’t Know About
- How to Travel the World for Practically Free
- 7 Best Ways to Use Credit Card Rewards Points
This content is not provided by the companies mentioned. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of GOBankingRates alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citibank.