DoorDash Rewards Mastercard: How It Could Help You Save Money on Food Delivery
In today’s busy world, many people use food delivery services at least a few times yearly, while some use these services multiple times a week or month. If you’re a fan of ordering delivery, you may want to consider applying for Chase’s DoorDash Rewards Mastercard. This new cash-back credit card includes perks that could help you save money. Here’s what you need to know about the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard.
What To Expect From the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard
The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard is an ideal cash-back card option for those who order delivery often and want to avoid high food delivery fees. This credit card has no annual fee. Cardholders get a free year of DashPass, which provides discounts like free delivery on eligible orders. Those who spend $10,000 or more per anniversary year with their card can continue to earn a complimentary DashPass membership after the free introductory year.
But that’s not all. As a cardmember, you’ll earn cash back in several spending categories when you use your card.
Here’s a breakdown of how you’ll earn cash-back rewards with this rewards card:
- 4% cash back on DoorDash and Caviar purchases
- 3% cash back on dining purchases made directly with restaurants
- 2% cash back on in-store and online grocery store purchases
- 1% cash back on other purchases
This card’s earning potential is considerable for consumers who spend significant money on food delivery, dining, takeout and grocery purchases.
Choose How To Redeem Your Rewards
When it comes time to redeem your rewards, you have options. You can redeem your rewards in any of the following ways:
- Cash back as a statement credit
- Cash back as a direct deposit into your checking account or savings account
- Pay for all or part of your DoorDash or Caviar orders
- Exchange for gift cards to popular retailers and restaurants
Get Discounts and Earn Credits by Using Your Card
You can use your card to get discounts and earn credits. Below are some of the card’s discounts that could help you keep more money in your pocket:
- Get a 10% discount (up to $15 per order) on your first convenience, grocery, alcohol or DashMart purchase made through DoorDash each month through Aug. 31
- Get $25 off two shipping orders of $100 or more on DoorDash and Caviar through Dec. 31
- Get $5 off your first DoorDash order each month through Sept. 30 or while supplies last
Cardholders can enjoy the following credits:
- Earn a $5 Lyft credit every month that you take three rides and pay with your card
- Earn a $5 Fandango Reward every time you spend $20 or more with Fandango or Vudu through Sept. 30 or while supplies last
Don’t Miss These Valuable Perks
The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard comes with other valuable benefits. You’ll pay no foreign transaction fees when using your card abroad. This card also includes purchase protection and extended warranty benefits. Travelers will appreciate the included trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance and auto rental collision damage waiver benefits.
How To Save Money With the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard
Are you wondering whether you’ll save money using the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard? If you regularly order food delivery, you’ll likely save considerable money. One of the easiest ways to save money with this card is by using the complimentary DashPass membership to save money on delivery charges.
With DashPass, you’ll pay no delivery fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. You’ll also pay reduced service fees. For households that order delivery often, the savings can add up quickly. You can also save money with the included monthly benefits, like the $5 DoorDash discount for your first order each month.
Finally, the rewards you earn using your card can be a win for your wallet. Earning rewards for doing what you already do is valuable.
Who Is the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard For?
This credit card is a good fit for people who regularly order takeout and delivery. Adding the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard to your wallet can allow you to earn rewards every time you order delivery or spend money directly at restaurants. Plus, you can take advantage of a free year of DashPass, which is worth $96.
If you don’t order delivery often or make frequent restaurant purchases, this card may not be best for you. The good news is many other cash-back rewards cards are available. Review GOBankingRates’ list of the best cash-back cards to learn more.
What Cards Have DoorDash Benefits?
If you’re still deciding on a new credit card, you may wonder which other cards include DoorDash perks. The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard isn’t the only card with valuable DoorDash perks. Below are a few rewards credit cards that offer DoorDash benefits:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Free DashPass membership for at least one year when activated by Dec. 31, 2024, and $5 monthly DoorDash credit through Dec. 31, 2024, while enrolled in DashPass
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: Free DashPass membership for at least 12 months when activated by Dec. 31, 2024
- Chase Freedom Flex: Free DashPass membership for three months when activated by Dec. 31, 2024, and 50% off the $9.99 monthly DashPass rate for the following nine months
Is the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard Worth It?
If you frequently order food from DoorDash and want to earn rewards on your purchases, the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard is a solid card to add to your wallet. With no annual fee, a complimentary year of DashPass with free delivery perks, and the ability to earn rewards in several spending categories, this card is value-packed and could help you save money.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard.
- Does the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard have an annual fee?
- No, this card doesn't have an annual fee.
- Why am I getting $5 DoorDash credits?
- One of the benefits of the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard is a $5 discount on your first DoorDash order made each month through Sept. 30, or while supplies last.
- What is the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard for?
- The DoorDash Rewards Mastercard is a good fit for consumers who regularly order delivery through DoorDash. It's also a good option for occasional DoorDash users who want to take advantage of a free year of DashPass. Those who frequently spend money at restaurants and grocery stores can also benefit by earning rewards with this credit card.
- Can you use Mastercard on DoorDash?
- Yes, DoorDash accepts credit card payments. Customers who pay for their DoorDash or Caviar orders using the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard can earn 4% cash back.
Information is accurate as of May 4, 2023.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
The information related to the DoorDash Rewards Mastercard was collected by GOBankingRates and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this product/card. Product details may vary. Please see the issuer’s website for current information. GOBankingRates does not receive commission for this product.