- Low prices
- Nationwide access to 5G
- Exclusive access to discounts with T-Mobile Tuesdays
- You may pay a $15 activation fee per line
- Unlimited internet isn't always at 5G speeds
- Android users need to download the visual voicemail app
Metro by T-Mobile Overview
Metro by T-Mobile is a leading discount mobile phone service provider. The company provides its service through T-Mobile’s nationwide infrastructure, so high-speed internet and high-quality phone services are available from coast to coast.
The company also offers exclusive perks. For example, you’ll have access to the weekly T-Mobile Tuesdays events, where you can get freebies and exclusive deals from T-Mobile.
There are a few drawbacks to Metro, though. You’ll have to pay a $15 per-line activation fee to start unless you purchase your plan online. Moreover, T-Mobile may throttle down your internet speeds if you use the internet often, so unlimited internet may not be at high speeds. Finally, Android users have to download an app to take advantage of visual voicemail, though the feature works without a download on Apple products.
Some of the most important features of Metro by T-Mobile are outlined below.
Metro by T-Mobile has a reputation for being a discount cell phone service provider. The company’s services start at just $30 per month and could be free if you qualify under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Metro by T-Mobile states a $15 activation fee “may apply” for new lines. You can avoid this fee when you sign up for service online.
Metro by T-Mobile comes with several exciting features. Some of the most exciting include:
- Reliable Coverage: The service offers reliable coverage from coast to coast.
- T-Mobile Tuesdays: Get free giveaways and exclusive deals every Tuesday with T-Mobile Tuesdays.
- Vix Premium: As a Metro member, you’ll get a free year of Vix Premium with most plans.
- Hotspot: Mobile hotspot service is provided with the $50 and $60 per month plans.
- Scamshield: T-Mobile’s Scamshield is included in your plan to help you avoid scams.
Types of Cell Phone Plans Available
Here’s a list of Metro plans:
- $30 Per Month: Unlimited talk and text plus 2 gigabytes of data.
- $40 Per Month: Unlimited talk, text and data. Access to 5G, T-Mobile Tuesdays, Scamshield and 1 year of Vix Premium.
- $50 Per Month: Everything in the $40 plan plus 8 GB of hotspot data and a 100GB Google One membership.
- $60 Per Month: Everything in the $50 plan plus 25 GB of hotspot data and unlimited texting to 210 countries and destinations.
You can also access steep discounts if you bundle lines. For instance, 4 lines on the $40 plan only cost $100 per month. That’s $60 in monthly savings.
How Metro by T-Mobile Stands Out
Metro by T-Mobile stands out by providing unique extras like T-Mobile Tuesdays and a free 100GB Google One membership with the $60 plan. These types of perks are a testament to the extra effort the company puts in to ensure its customers are happy.
Comparable Cell Phone Plan Options
If you’re in the market for a new cell phone service provider, but Metro by T-Mobile doesn’t fit the bill for you, consider one of the following competitors.
Cricket Wireless is another popular discount cell phone service provider. The company doesn’t require you to sign any contracts and offers similar prices to those offered by Metro. Moreover, Cricket Wireless offers compelling discounts on cell phones. In particular, you can get a Samsung Galaxy A14 5G phone for free. If the iPhone is more your flavor, you can get an iPhone 11 for $49.
Unfortunately, Cricket Wireless and T-Mobile share some of the same drawbacks. You’ll have to pay a $25 setup fee with Cricket Wireless unless you activate your service online, and the carrier may throttle down your internet speeds if you use your unlimited internet too much.
Boost Mobile is another popular discount cell phone service provider. The company has unlimited talk, text and internet plans starting at just $25 per month, but you can access prices as low as $8.33 per month if you pay for a year at a time. However, like other providers, Boost throttles your internet service down if you use more than 30 GB of data in any given month.
How To Sign Up
Follow these steps to sign up for Metro by T-Mobile online:
- Visit the Metro by T-Mobile website.
- Choose the plan you’re interested in.
- Follow the prompts and answer all questions as accurately as possible to purchase your service.
You can also sign up for Metro by T-Mobile at any Metro store location.
Who Metro by T-Mobile Is Best For
Metro by T-Mobile is a compelling option for anyone who’s looking for discount services that are comparable to high-cost cell phone providers. Moreover, it’s a great option for deal seekers, as membership opens the door to T-Mobile Tuesday discounts.
If you’re looking for a high-quality cell phone service but don’t want to get locked into a long-term contract with an expensive provider, look no further than Metro by T-Mobile. The company provides top-notch service at a highly affordable rate.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.