Consumers might be surprised at the amount of Thanksgiving essentials they can stock up on while shopping at Dollar Tree. From items to set the table to ingredients for cooking the meal, skip the supermarket’s marked-up prices in favor of these affordable buys. Head to Dollar Tree for these Thanksgiving dinner and entertaining must-haves.
Charcuterie Board Staples
While you may not be able to grab everything on a traditional charcuterie board at Dollar Tree, like cured meat or cheeses, you can certainly round out the board with bites to nibble on before the big meal.
Carter said this is a healthy Thanksgiving staple that can be used to make yummy recipes, like pumpkin oatmeal bars for Thanksgiving Day breakfast. This helps curb hunger pangs from family and guests while you’re working on whipping up an amazing feast for dinner.
Dollar Tree is full of shopping opportunities when it comes to picking up baking supplies, said Brian Theis, author of “The Infinite Feast: How to Host the Ones You Love.” Make sure to grab these baking essentials:
- Nancy Jane all-purpose flour, 2-lb. bags ($1.25 per bag)
- Bama 9-in. graham cracker pie crust ($1.25 each)
- Cooking Concepts tin pie pans ($1.25 each)
- Aluminum foil ($1.25 per box)
Spices and Seasonings
“I have witnessed at least $2 to $4 increases in spice and seasoning blends and packets in regular supermarkets,” Theis said.
Use your Dollar Tree visit to stock up on Thanksgiving-specific seasonings. Pick up the Supreme Tradition turkey seasoning for just $1.25 a bottle. If you’re planning to bake a pie, you can get bottles of ground cinnamon priced at $1.25 apiece.
Canned Gravy and Soup
Need a ladle as you’re cooking or getting ready to serve dinner? Dollar Tree has you covered with a $1.25 McCormick nylon ladle.
Get the table decorated using just a few affordable Dollar Tree Thanksgiving decorations. Pick up each of these items for just $1.25 each:
- Home collection fall tablecloths
- Sunflower 2-ply lunch napkins
- Pumpkin paper plates
- Dark gold plastic utensils
- Translucent plastic cups
Add a centerpiece to your Thanksgiving table to bring everyone together for the big feast. You can pick up harvest-scented tea candles for $1.25 for a pack of six candles.
More From GOBankingRates
- Money Expert Rachel Cruze Recommends Buying These 10 Used Cars for Under $10K
- 11 Uncommon Investments That Can Actually Make You A Lot of Money
- 3 Things You Must Do When Your Savings Reach $50,000
- 5 Fastest Ways to Raise Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card