The Complete Guide To Filing Your Taxes on Time
Tax Day falls on Tuesday, April 18 this year. If you haven’t already filed your taxes, you still have time to get all your ducks in a row before the deadline.
Find Out: Common Reasons You Might Owe Taxes This Year
Read: 3 Signs You’re Serious About Raising Your Credit Score
Still, you’ll want to make sure you’re doing them right so Uncle Sam doesn’t come knocking on your door somewhere down the line. GOBankingRates has numerous resources to help you get your taxes filed on time — so no need to panic just yet!
How To File Your Taxes on Time & Correctly
Make sure you know what you have to file for this tax season and by the 2023 tax deadline, plus what you can still do to reduce your tax bill this year:
- Tax Schedule 2023: Every Date You Need To Know
- Your Step-by-Step Guide To Approaching Taxes in 2023
- 10 Tax Breaks Every Filer Should Know About
- Top Tips For Painless Tax Prep
- Tax Experts Share the 6 Biggest Mistakes People Make When Filing
Take Our Poll: What Do You Plan To Use Your Tax Refund For?
What To Do If You Need Help With Your Taxes
If you have a complicated tax situation — or just feel overwhelmed — you may need some extra help to get your taxes filed correctly:
- 9 Best Ways To Get Free Tax Help
- 10 Signs You Really Do Need Professional Help Filing Your Taxes
- How To Choose a Tax Preparer: 6 Factors To Consider
- 3 Tricky Tax-Filing Issues and How To Handle Them
What To Do If You Need More Time To File Your Taxes
You may opt to file a tax extension, which will give you until October 16 to file your taxes. It’s important to note that this is an extension to file, not an extension to pay any taxes owed.
- Why I File an Income Tax Extension Every Year
- The Common Mistakes People Make When Filing a Tax Extension
More Tax Resources
If you have more questions regarding all things related to filing your taxes, be sure to check out GOBankingRates’ Complete Tax Resource Center. Plus, here’s a look at some of our most popular tax content with more helpful info:
- 7 Secrets From Tax Preparers To Reduce Your Bill
- Tax Tricks and Loopholes Only the Rich Know
- How To Avoid Paying Taxes Legally — and the 11 Craziest Ways People Have Done It
- Most Americans Think They’re Taking All Their Entitled Deductions — Are You?
More From GOBankingRates
- Social Security: Proposal for $2,400 Extra in Checks Expanded and Reintroduced in Congress
- Got a Question About Money? Ask an Expert
- Maximize your savings with these 3 expert tips
- Take Our Poll: How Do You File Your Taxes?
Gabrielle Olya contributed to the reporting for this article.