One of the advantages of having excellent credit is that you can qualify for top credit cards that come with perks like a lower APR, great rewards and compelling introductory offers, including waived annual and balance transfer fees. To help you figure out the best options for you more easily, GOBankingRates has rounded up the best credit cards, offers and deals available.
Here are the best credit cards for good credit:
- Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- Citi Double Cash Card
- Discover it Balance Transfer Credit Card
- Discover it Cash Back Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card
- American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card
- American Express Platinum Card
Miles earned never expire, and you can redeem them as a statement credit when you put travel purchases on the card. Additional fees include the greater of $10 or 3 percent for cash advances and up to $38 for late payments.
Best for: Earning airline miles at a 0% introductory APR
- 0% APR for first 12 months
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar spent on purchases
- No introductory balance transfer rate
- Redemptions for statement credit must be made within 90 days of travel purchases
The Citi Double Cash Card carries fees of $5 or 3 percent for credit card balance transfers and the greater of $10 or 5 percent for cash advances. To help you save more, Citi offers the Citi Price Rewind program, which will search for a lower price on your purchases, and you might receive the price difference back.
Best for: Earning unlimited cash back with no caps or categories
- 0% APR introductory offer on balance transfers for 18 months
- No annual fee
- No cash-back categories or caps
Enjoy a no annual fee credit card with this card offering from Discover. The following fees apply: 3 percent for balance transfers, the greater of $10 or 5 percent for cash advances and up to $37 for late payments.
Best for: Saving on interest while paying off debt and earning rewards
- 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers
- 0% APR for six months on purchases
- Cash-back matching at end of first year
- Opportunity to earn 5 percent cash back in rotating categories only
- Might not work at certain national and international merchants
Compare: Best Travel Credit Cards
The Discover it Cash Back credit card carries the following fees: 3 percent for balance transfers, greater of $10 or 5 percent for cash advances and up to $37 for late payments.
Best for: People looking for a decent cash-back card with a longer 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Cash-back rewards never expire
- Free FICO credit score on monthly statements
- Cash-back matching at end of year
- Restrictions on 5 percent cash-back rewards
- Not all national and international merchants will accept
Learn About: Best 0% APR Credit Cards
The following fees apply to the Chase Sapphire Preferred card: greater of $5 or 5 percent for balance transfers, greater of $10 or 5 percent for cash advances and up to $37 for late payment fees.
Best for: People who want to redeem rewards points for travel purchases and don’t mind paying an annual fee
- Double points for travel and dining
- 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in the first three months
- Points redeemed for cash are worth less than points redeemed for travel
- $95 annual fee after first year
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred card carries the following fees: greater of $5 or 3 percent for balance transfers and cash advances and up to $38 for late payments.
Best for: People wanting a straightforward cash-back card with high supermarket rewards
- $250 back after spending $1,000 in first three months
- 0% APR on purchases on balance transfers for the first year
- 6 percent for U.S. supermarket purchases up to $6,000 a year, 3 percent for U.S. gas stations and select department stores and 1 percent on other purchases
- Annual membership fee of $95
- Highest cash-back rewards percentage apply to U.S. supermarkets only
Learn: Best Rewards Credit Cards
The following fees apply to the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest credit card: greater of $5 or 5 percent for balance transfers, greater of $10 or 5 percent for cash advances and up to $38 for late payments.
Best for: People who frequently stay at SPG and Marriot Rewards hotels
- 75,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 within first three months
- 6 points on eligible purchases at participation SPG and Marriot Rewards hotels
- 2 points on other eligible purchases
- One free night award each year following your card anniversary
- $95 annual fee applies after the first year
- No introductory APR offers for purchases or balance transfers
Don’t Miss: Best Cash-Back Credit Cards
The American Express Platinum credit card doesn’t carry multiple fees because cardholders don’t carry a balance on this card. The only fees that apply are up to $38 for a late or returned payment.
Best for: People who fly frequently, pay their balance in full each month and don’t mind a steep annual fee
- 60,000 membership rewards points after you make $5,000 in purchases in first three months
- $200 airline fee credit annually
- 5 membership rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel and on prepaid hotels booked on American Express Travel
- $550 annual fee
- Low rewards rate of one point per dollar in most spending categories
Click to see the most exclusive black cards you don’t know about.
|The Best Credit Cards for People With Good Credit|
|Credit Card||Interest Rate (APR)||Annual Fee||Credit Needed|
|Capital One VentureOne Credit Card||13.74%, 19.74% or 23.74%||$0||Excellent credit|
|Citi Double Cash Card||15.24% – 25.24%||$0||Around 700+|
|Discover it Balance Transfer Credit Card||13.74% – 24.74%||$0||Good to excellent credit|
|Discover it Cash Back Credit Card||13.74% – 24.74%||$0||Good to excellent credit|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card||17.74% – 24.74%||$95||Around 700+|
|Blue Cash Preferred Card from Amex||14.74% – 25.74%||$95||Around 700+|
|Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from Amex||17.49% – 26.49%||$95||Around 700+|
|Platinum Card from Amex||Non-applicable||$550||Around 700+|
|Information accurate as of Sept. 11, 2018.|
More on Credit Cards
- How to Use a Credit Card for a Down Payment
- Cash vs. Credit: The Original Paper or Plastic Debate
- How to Make Money Using Your Credit Cards
Methodology: To determine the best credit cards for good credit, GOBankingRates evaluated credit cards on the following features: Annual fees, APR, Fees, benefits and other details such and introductory offers.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack, Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack, Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone and have not been endorsed by American Express.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.