Keep reading this Southwest Priority Card review to find out if it’s the best travel credit card for you.
|Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card at a Glance|
|Information accurate as of Sept. 18, 2018.|
In This Review:
- What You Need to Know About the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card
- Best Features of the Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card Travel Benefits
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card Travel and Purchase Coverage
- Should You Apply for a Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card?
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Card comes with exclusive perks on Southwest flights and allows you to earn points that can be redeemed for a number of rewards. It has a higher annual fee than the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card, but the better perks make the fee worth it for frequent travelers and users of the card. Learn about the best rewards credit cards.
Best for: People who frequently fly Southwest Airlines.
This credit card allows you to earn unlimited points with every purchase. And unlike many other airline credit cards that only allow you to use points towards flights, points can be redeemed for gift cards and other rewards, too. Other features of the Southwest Priority credit card include:
- Exclusive travel benefits
- No foreign transaction fees
- Travel and purchase protection
Benefits of this card include an annual $75 credit that can be used on Southwest flights, four Upgraded Boarding pass reimbursements every year when available and 20 percent back on in-flight purchases of drinks, Wi-Fi, messaging and movies.
You can also redeem points for travel rewards, including Southwest Airline flights, hotel stays, car rentals and international flights on over 50 global carriers. In addition to redeeming points for travel rewards, points can be used toward gift cards from over 70 merchants or merchandise including electronics and golf supplies.
Cardholders get added travel protection benefits and purchase protection features. These perks include:
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Roadside dispatch
- Travel accident insurance
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Extended warranty protection
- Purchase protection up to $500 per claim
When signing up for any credit card with an annual fee, it’s important to assess your spending and if the rewards you earn will truly make the annual fee worth it. If you fly Southwest frequently, this card might make sense for you. This would not be a good card for people who don’t often fly Southwest, as a number of the perks apply only to Southwest flights.
Click through to compare Southwest credit cards and learn which one is right for you.
More on Airline Credit Cards
- Best Airline Credit Cards
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card Review
- American Airlines Credit Card Comparison
This content is not provided by the companies mentioned. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Southwest Airlines.