The United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card from Chase is a credit card for small-business owners who travel, especially those who often fly on United Airlines. Cardholders earn miles on every purchase, which can then be redeemed for flights and incidentals on United Airlines, as well as on other travel expenses like hotels and car rentals. Miles can also be used for special perks on United Airlines flights, like seat upgrades, in-flight beverages and WiFi.
Keep reading to determine if this is the right business credit card for you.
|United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card at a Glance|
|Annual fee||First year: $0
After first year: $95
|Interest rate||Purchases: 17.74%-24.74%
Balance transfers: 17.74%-24.74%
|Cash advances||26.74% APR|
|Miles||2 miles per dollar on airline tickets from United
2 miles per dollar on purchases at office supply stores, restaurants and gas stations
1 mile per dollar everywhere else
|Bonus miles||50,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 in the first three months
10,000 bonus miles each year you spend $25,000
When considering any credit card, you also want to consider the advantages and disadvantages:
|United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card|
In This Review:
The United Airlines Mileage Plus Explorer Business Card is a good choice for those who travel often, particularly if they fly United Airlines frequently.
Best for: Small-business owners who travel frequently, either for business or pleasure, and who want to provide employees with a credit card for business-related expenses.
In order to determine if the United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card will provide you with the features best suited for your needs, check out what you can get with this card:
- First checked bag is free
- Two free United Club passes per year
- No foreign transaction fees when you use your United Airlines credit card
- Free employee cards with individual spending limits
- The United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card includes lots of protection for things that could go wrong, like:
- Trip cancellation or interruption insurance
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Trip delay reimbursement
- Purchase and price protection
- Return protection
- Extended warranty protection
- You can use the miles you earn with your United credit card for travel on United, Star Alliance and other partner airlines. You can also use the miles for upgrades, in-flight WiFi, hotels, car rentals, merchandise and gift cards.
If you are a small-business owner, you travel for business or pleasure and you like to fly United Airlines, the United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card might be the right choice for you. You can earn free travel and upgrades when you buy things you need for your business, but make sure these upgrades and rewards are things you’ll use regularly.
More on Credit Cards
- United Airlines Credit Card Comparison: Travel Rewards for Business and Personal Spending
- Southwest Credit Card Review: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Best Airline Credit Cards
This content is not provided by the companies mentioned. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by United Airlines or Chase.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack, Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack, Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met in order to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.