How to Apply for a Kohl’s Credit CardThe more you know, the more you'll want your own Kohl's Card.
Kohl’s — a popular brick-and-mortar retail destination, as well as go-to destination for online and app shoppers — operates 1,100 department stores in 49 states. The Kohl’s company offers a Kohl’s credit card through Capital One, which offers loyal shoppers discounts and other benefits like becoming Most Valued Customers if they spend $600 per year. Applying for the Kohl’s card is simple; just follow the steps outlined here to get your card and start taking advantage of shopping discounts.
How to Apply for a Kohl’s Credit Card
You can easily apply for your Kohl’s card online, over the phone or in person at a Kohl’s Store. The information required will be the same no matter how you apply. You must be a U.S. resident, and all applications are subject to a credit check.
To apply online:
- Visit the Kohl’s credit card application page, and enter your personal offer code if you have one.
- Click the green “Apply Now” button.
- Fill out the fields on the application page. Data fields include your name, address, Social Security number and annual gross income.
- Read through the important disclosures to understand costs and fees, your rights and how your balance is calculated.
- View the Yes2You Rewards Member Agreement Terms & Conditions to understand the Kohl’s credit card rewards program.
- Click “Continue” to review and submit your completed application.
To apply by phone:
Apply for your Kohl’s card over the phone by calling 1-855-564-5748. Kohl’s charge customer service hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Central time, Monday through Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Central time, Sunday.
To apply in person:
Visit a local Kohl’s store, and apply at the customer service desk. To find the store nearest you, visit the Kohl’s Store Locator online or call 1-855-564-5705.
Costs of the Kohl’s Card
The Kohl’s card doesn’t charge an annual fee, but cardholders are subject to late payment fees and returned payment fees of up to $37. Annual percentage rates are based on the prime rate. A penalty APR takes effect for failing to make the minimum payment by the required due date and time.
Kohl’s Card Benefits
As a Kohl’s cardholder, you can enjoy a host of benefits such as discounts, special offers and easy payment options. Here are some of the advantages you’ll get as a Kohl’s credit cardholder:
- 25 percent off your first Kohl’s charge purchase
- At least 12 special offers every year including Kohl’s promo codes and Kohl’s coupons
- 15 percent discount when card arrives in the mail
- Most Valued Customer status given after spending $600 in one year; six additional savings offers per year, which might include free shipping from Kohl’s and Kohl’s discount codes
- Easy account access for making bill payments online
- Kohl’s card storage in the Kohl’s app for making quick and convenient purchases in-store or online
Additionally, you can increase your savings by combining your Kohl’s card discounts with other Kohl’s loyalty programs such as Yes2You Rewards, Kohl’s Cash or discounts offered during “Night Owl” or “Early Bird” specials.
See: 9 Money-Saving Secrets Big Retailers Don’t Want You to Know
If you’re a loyal Kohl’s shopper and looking for the best savings at Kohl’s, the Kohl’s credit card might be a good choice. Although the APR on the charge card isn’t the most competitive versus other low APR credit cards, the discounts offered to cardholders could make applying for the card worth it.