Car prices are rising, yet auto loan rates remain low, at least for now; to get behind the wheel, borrowers are taking out larger loans than ever.
To help buyers take advantage of the lowest auto loan rates today from local financial institutions, GOBankingRates released a list of the best rates in San Diego.
“Although mortgage rates are increasing, auto loan rates are still relatively low,” said Amanda Garcia, of GOBankingRates. “GOBankingRates consistently finds auto loan rates below 3% at many community banks and credit unions.”
GOBankingRates also surveyed the average auto loan rates on the city, state and national levels.
Average New Auto Loan Rates:
10 Lowest Auto Loan Rates in San Diego
Pacific Marine Credit Union offers the lowest auto loan rate in San Diego, along with preapproval and 100 percent financing.
- No. 1– Pacific Marine CU’s 3- through 5-Year Auto Loans: 1.50%
- No. 2– Western Federal Credit Union’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 1.74%
- No. 3– Mission Federal Credit Union’s 3- through 5-Year Auto Loans: 1.89%*
- No. 4– California Coast Credit Union’s 5-Year Auto Loan : 1.98%
- No. 5– Point Loma Credit Union’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 1.99%
- No. 6– Bank of America’s 5-Year Auto Loan: 2.34%
- No. 7– Vons Credit Union’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 2.49%
- No. 8– US Bank’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 2.50%
- No. 9– Chase Bank’s 4-Year Auto Loan: 2.88%
- No. 10– Cabrillo Credit Union’s 4-Year Auto Loan: 2.90%
*Promotion available through March 31, 2014. Loan term extends to 72 months.
About This Study
GOBankingRates surveyed rates for three-, four- and five-year auto loans from institutions in San Diego County as of March 3, 2014. Data is from the GOBankingRates interest rate database, which partners with Informa Research Services Inc. to aggregate interest rates from more than 6,000 U.S. financial institutions.
Interest rates could change; accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Other terms and conditions could apply. All rates are shown in APR.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.