National Chocolate Milkshake Day is Sept. 12, but that doesn’t mean that those who love strawberry, vanilla and every other flavor can’t cash in on a cheap or even free shake. Creamy, sweet, cold and delicious, there’s no wrong way to enjoy a milkshake. But one thing is certain — the best shakes are the ones that save you money.
Here are ways to save on a cool, summer milkshake treat — and a few ice cream deals, frozen yogurt discounts and other ways to save on treats that aren’t exactly milkshakes, but come pretty close.
Free Milkshakes and Discounts on National Chocolate Milkshake Day
Whether your favorite milkshake recipe is a Dairy Queen Blizzard, Wendy’s Frosty or anything in between, the best milkshakes are the ones that are cheap or free. Here are the best deals for National Chocolate Milkshake Day:
- Arby’s: You don’t need a coupon code to get a free, creamy crème brûlée custard shake with a caramel swirl.
- Baskin Robbins: Use coupon code JUMPB to take 50 percent off your purchase.
- Ben and Jerry’s: Make a gift card purchase of $10 or more and you’ll get a free scoop of ice cream. It’s not exactly a milkshake, but it’s cold and delicious.
- Carvel: Join the Fudgie Fanatics club and you’ll be rewarded with free treats on your birthday.
- Culver’s: Sign up for the MyCulver’s app and get a free scoop of frozen custard.
- Cold Stone Creamery: Join the eClub and get two Creations for the price of one.
- Dairy Queen: You don’t need a coupon code to upgrade your $5 lunch with a small Blizzard for just $1 more.
- Dippin’ Dots: Although it’s not quite a shake, Dippin’ Dots will definitely satisfy your frozen sweet tooth — especially when you get 20 percent off your purchase with the coupon code GIVEME20.
- eCreamery: Use coupon code BeMine20 to get $20 off any order sitewide.
- IceCreamSource.com: Coupon code SPRING17 gets you 15 percent off orders of $50 or more.
- McDonald’s: Get a free medium frappe, shake or sundae with any purchase you make from the mobile app.
- Shake Shack: Coupon code APPYDAYS will get you $5 off purchases of $20 or more when you use the Shake Shack app.
- Sonic: Get half-price slushes and shakes after 8 p.m — no coupon code required.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Weekdays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. is happy hour at Steak ‘n Shake, when you can score half-price shakes and drinks without a coupon code.
- Wendy’s: Get a Frosty for just 50 cents in stores for a limited time.
- Yogurtland: Join the Real Rewards program and you’ll instantly get a free 3-ounce frozen yogurt, which is along the lines of a milkshake. You’ll also get a free, 3-ounce portion on your birthday.