Depending on which one you choose, a Capital One credit card can provide a host of benefits — from rewards for shopping to interest-free purchases. Once it’s time to pay your bill, Capital One offers you the ability to set up an online login to conveniently manage your account. Here’s what you need to know to set up a Capital One online account, log in and avoid paying a late fee.
Get a Capital One Credit Card
Capital One offers 15 different card options. Each card offers various features and benefits for different types of credit profiles. You can review and compare the cards at the company’s card application website using your desktop, laptop or mobile device.
Capital One Credit Card Tips
You can easily manage your Capital One credit card account online. Here are some login and account management tips to help:
1. Set Up a Capital One Online Account
Once you receive your Capital One card, you’ll need to activate your card. To get started, visit Capital One’s enrollment page for online banking.
- Enter your last name as it appears on the card.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Click the blue “Find Me” button to continue.
- Provide the rest of the information required to enroll.
Related: Best Store Credit Cards
2. Log In to Your Capital One Account
After you’ve registered for online banking and activated your Capital One card, you will be able to access your account online. Enter your username and password to log in. Click on the “Forgot Username or Password?” link if you forget your username or password or need to reset them.
3. Pay Capital One Credit Card Online
After logging in, you’ll be able to manage your account, and pay bills online.
Follow these steps to make a Capital One online payment:
- Log on to your Capital One online account.
- Click “Pay Bill.”
- Click “Choose Amount.”
- Choose the amount of the online payment. You can choose to pay the minimum payment due or type in the amount of your choice.
- Enter your bank information, including bank name and routing number, if this is the first time you are making a payment.
- Once your bank is verified, submit your Capital One credit card payment.
Enrolling in Capital One online account access and taking advantage of online bill pay is a convenient and smart way to handle your finances. With this option, you can easily check the status of your account and schedule on-time payments whether at home or on the go.
More on Credit Cards
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Credit Card Expiration Dates
- How to Use a Credit Card for a Down Payment
- 10 Things You Should Never Put on a Credit Card
This content is not provided by the companies mentioned. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by Capital One.