Car prices are rising, yet auto loan rates remain low, at least for the moment; in order to get behind the wheel, American borrowers are taking out larger loans today than ever before.
To help car buyers take advantage of the lowest auto loan rates today from local banks and credit unions, GOBankingRates released a list of the best rates in Seattle.
“Although rates on some loans, like mortgages, are increasing, auto loan rates are still relatively low and affordable,” said Amanda Garcia, reporter for GOBankingRates. “GOBankingRates consistently finds auto loan rates below 3% at many community banks and credit unions.”
To provide borrowers benchmarks for comparison shopping, GOBankingRates also surveyed the average auto loan rates on the city, state and national levels.
Average New Auto Loan Rates:
|3-Year Auto Loan||2.81% APR||3.08% APR||3.26% APR|
|4-Year Auto Loan||3.62% APR||3.66% APR||4.01% APR|
|5-Year Auto Loan||2.80% APR||3.85% APR||3.58% APR|
10 Lowest Auto Loan Rates in Seattle
- No. 1– Sound Credit Union’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 1.54% APR
- No. 2– Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union’s 3-Year Auto Loan: 1.74% APR
- No. 3– Alaska USA FCU’s 4-Year Auto Loan: 2.25% APR
- No. 4– Bank of America’s 5-Year, BECU’s 4-Year and US Bank’s 3-Year Auto Loans: 2.34% APR
- No. 5– NW Plus CU’s 3-5 Year Auto Loans: 2.75% APR
- No. 6– Verity Credit Union’s 5-Year and Washington State Employees CU’s 3-Year Auto Loans : 2.99% APR
- No. 7– Chase Bank’s 4-Year Auto Loan: 3.13% APR
- No. 8– Salal Credit Union’s 3-Year and Wells Fargo’s 4-Year Auto Loans: 3.24% APR
- No. 9– First Tech FCU’s 5-Year Auto Loans: 3.49% APR
- No. 10– Peoples Bank’s 4-Year Auto Loan: 3.63% APR
About This Study
This study surveyed base auto loan rates for three-, four- and five-year terms from banks and credit unions located in Seattle and surrounding King county as of March 3, 2014. Data was compiled from the GOBankingRates interest rate database, which in partnership with Informa Research Services Inc., aggregates banking and interest rate information belonging to more than 6,000 U.S. banks and credit unions. Rates listed above do not consider short-term, promotional offers or relationship discounts.
Please note that interest rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of individual banks and credit unions. Other terms and conditions could apply. Although the information has been obtained from the various financial institutions, Informa Research Services cannot guarantee the accuracy.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Chase. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase.