- Donald Trump Jr.’s wealth mainly stems from an executive role he shares with younger brother Eric Trump.
- President Trump’s eldest son has earned hundreds of thousands from paid speaking engagements.
- Trump Jr.’s assets include residential property in New York City.
When it comes to President Donald Trump’s two eldest sons, they have their differences, but their similarities keep them both employed at the Trump Organization and in the news. Both men share similar careers and are staunch supporters of their father — labeled as their father’s “most ardent cheerleaders” by Politico in 2017 — and both enjoy big-game hunting.
But Donald Trump Jr. has been in the headlines more frequently due to events like his involvement in the controversial meeting with Russian representatives during his father’s 2016 presidential campaign, his recent divorce from his wife of 12 years, and his habit of posting off-the-cuff tweets that provoke bewilderment and criticism, similar to his father’s tweets. But his controversies have not limited his earning capacity — Donald Trump Jr. is worth millions. Find out how he measures up to President Donald Trump’s net worth.
Click to read about his sister Ivanka Trump’s net worth.
Donald Trump Jr. Net Worth: $300 Million
Donald Trump Jr., real estate executive and entrepreneur, is worth $300 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. He is the eldest son of President Donald Trump and Ivana Trump.
His expansive wealth comes from a variety of income sources, including his job as executive vice president of the Trump Organization — a title he shares with his younger brother Eric Trump. Trump Jr. is responsible for new project acquisition and actively oversees a number of aspects of the organization, including deal evaluation, pre-development planning, construction and branding.
Other sources of income for President Trump’s eldest child include paid speeches, which bring in up to $100,000 per engagement.
Among his assets are three 12th-floor units at the Sovereign, a post-war co-op located in New York City’s Midtown East. Trump Jr. originally purchased the units for a total of $4.2 million, according to property records obtained by the New York Post.
Donald Trump Jr. Is Following in His Father’s Footsteps
Donald Trump Jr. — often referred to as Don, Don Jr. or Donny — was born on New Year’s Eve in 1977. After his parent’s divorce in 1990, Trump Jr. and his siblings, Eric and Ivanka, continued to live with their mother, Ivana, in New York until they were sent to boarding school. After graduating from high school, he followed in his father’s footsteps and attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned his degree in finance and real estate.
Famous Families: The Kardashians to the Royals — 15 Families Getting Rich Together
Here are some of the most notable life and career highlights of Donald Trump Jr.:
- 2001: Joined the Trump Organization
- 2005 to 2015: Appeared as boardroom advisor on NBC’s “The Apprentice”
- 2005: Married Vanessa Haydon; had five children during the marriage
- 2012: Don Jr.’s love of big-game hunting became public fodder when PETA called attention to photos of him and his brother posing with their exotic kills.
- 2016: Hit the campaign trail as a speaker during his father’s presidential campaign
- 2017: Became executive vice president of the Trump Organization
- 2017: Embroiled in controversy after the New York Times revealed his involvement in a meeting with Russian representatives during his father’s 2016 presidential campaign
More on Net Worth