- On April 4, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced on Twitter that their divorce was final.
- MacKenzie Bezos will retain a 4% stake in Amazon, the Associated Press reported.
- MacKenzie is a successful novelist, with two published books.
Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced their divorce was final on Twitter on April 4. MacKenzie will retain a 4% stake in Amazon, according to the Associated Press.
MacKenzie Bezos has been with the Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos since before Amazon even existed — and long before he was the richest man in the world. After 25 years together, the couple announced on Jan. 9 that they would be divorcing. Here’s a look at MacKenzie’s background, career and potential net worth after divorce.
Birthdate: April 7, 1970Net Worth: Estimated $35 billionPrimary Source of Income: AmazonCareer Highlights: Published two books
Do Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos Have a Prenup?
Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos did not sign a prenuptial agreement, according to TMZ. In addition to Amazon earnings, the couple owns 400,000 acres of property, TMZ reported.
Not All Success: Jeff Bezos’ Most Outrageous Business Failures
MacKenzie Bezos’ Projected Net Worth: $35B
MacKenzie Bezos will retain 4% of Amazon stock now that her divorce with Jeff Bezos is final. “That amount would be worth roughly $35 billion,” CNN Business reported. What she chooses to do with that share is up to her — she could sell it off or find herself with a larger role in the direction of the company.
MacKenzie Bezos’ Other Sources of Income
When MacKenzie met Jeff, she was working as a research associate at the investment firm D.E. Shaw. She later transitioned out of the investment world to become a successful novelist. Her first novel, “The Testing of Luther Albright,” won an American Book Award and was named a Los Angeles Times Book of the Year. She released her second novel, “Traps,” in 2013.
More on Business People
- Marie Kondo’s Net Worth Is Growing as Everyone’s Clutter Is Shrinking
- 20 Inspiring Entrepreneurs You Need to Follow on Social Media
- 10 Billionaires Like Oprah Winfrey Who Grew Up Poor
- At 21, Kylie Jenner Named the Youngest Self-Made Billionaire, Thanks to Kylie Cosmetics
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.