- Multiple interest-free financing options
- Unique deals
- Financing for up to 60 months
- High APR
- Some financing options are only available online
For anyone doing renovations or home improvements, financing options might be a good idea. The Ashley Furniture credit card — also known as the Ashley Advantage™ card — is one that may fit in with consumer budgets. Here’s a full breakdown of what’s offered.
Ashley Advantage Credit Card Overview
The Ashley Advantage credit card can be used for all Ashley purchases. Certain interest-free plans are available for those who stay current with payments, which is standard for similar home store credit cards nowadays.
Ashley Furniture has several financing options for its home store wares through its Ashley Advantage card. This card is issued by Synchrony in association with Ashley Furniture and comes with a variety of perks which are listed below.
There are no annual fees with the Ashley Advantage card. However, two penalty fees are attached to the card. These are:
- A late payment fee of up to $41
- A returned payment fee of $30
Customers can avoid late payment fees by making sure all credit balances are paid down 23 days in advance of the billing cycle. To avoid the returned payment fee, cardholders should make sure to double check all payments have been authorized and accepted.
It’s not a cheap credit card by any means. With an APR of 29.99% and minimum interest payable starting at $2, many would consider this card expensive. But when bills are paid on time, customers have no cause for concern.
Customers are able to use online interest-free financing, buy now, pay later and leasing options. There are three interest-free financing plans, which are currently only available online. These include:
- 6 months: Minimum purchase of $150
- 12 months: Minimum purchase of $499
- 60 months: Minimum purchase of $2,999
Similar to financing is the buy now, pay later alternative. This consists of repaying any purchases in four convenient payments rather than paying the full cost at the time.
There are also leasing options for consumers with poor credit, which gives customers the option to pay back a purchase over time before taking ownership of the goods.
Ashley Furniture operates a rewards program called Orange Rewards. Some of the unique perks customers get are as follows:
- Birthday Perks — 10% off throughout the customer’s birthday month
- Brand-specific deals
- Early access to sales
- Tuesday Deals — 10% off on the first Tuesday of each month
- $50 store credit when making two purchases totaling more than $2,500
- $100 discount on an initial order when signing up for Ashley Furniture emails
How the Ashley Advantage Credit Card Stands Out
The Ashley Advantage credit card stands out for its personalized discounts tailored to its customers through Orange Rewards. It has several financing options and the store has a price match guarantee.
Comparable Ashley Advantage Credit Card Options
Here’s a breakdown of similarities and differences in Ashley Furniture’s credit card offering and how it stacks up against the competition.
Menards Big Card
The Ashley Advantage credit card has an APR of 29.99%, which is considerably higher than the 26.49% APR with Menard’s Big Card. Menards also offers 2% cash rebates on all customer purchases. Ashley Furniture only provides cash discounts on items in the form of credit once the customer spends an amount in excess of $2,500 and makes at least two purchases.
Home Depot’s Consumer Credit Card
The Ashley Advantage credit card allows its buyers to access up to 60 months of interest-free financing. In comparison, Home Depot’s credit card only provides a maximum of 24 months. Additionally, Ashley Furniture offers buy now, pay later services, whereas Home Depot does not.
How To Apply
In order to take advantage of Ashley Furniture Home Store financing options, customers can visit its website. From there, these are the steps to follow:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Under the “Customer Care” heading, select “Apply for Financing”
- Select a preferred financing option from the choices available
- Fill in the application form with the details required.
Alternatively, customers can download the Synchrony mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to either open a new account or access an existing one.
Who the Ashley Advantage Credit Card Is Best For
The Ashley Advantage credit card is best suited to people who are making big one-off purchases that can be paid back over time. Loyal customers also have the chance to take advantage of deals without having to worry about annual fees.
Once individuals pay their credit balance off on time, the Ashley Advantage card can be extremely useful. It gives customers the freedom to make larger purchases and pay them off at their own speed without taking on debt or having to worry about interest on top of repayments.
Ashly Furniture Home Store FAQHere are some questions people ask about the Ashley Furniture Home Store credit card.
- What credit score do you need for Ashley Furniture financing?
- Ashley Furniture offers leasing services that require no credit. For its Ashley Advantage credit card, customers can visit the website to see if they pre-qualify with no impact to their credit score.
- Is it hard to get an Ashley Furniture credit card?
- Ashley Furniture relies on Synchrony to perform credit checks for its Ashley Advantage credit card. Customers can visit the company website to see if they pre-qualify.
- What credit bureau does Ashley Furniture pull?
- Does Ashley Furniture use Synchrony?
- Yes. Synchrony is partnered with Ashley Advantage to provide credit facilities.
Rates are subject to change; unless otherwise noted, rates are updated periodically. All other information on accounts is accurate as of Aug. 30, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.