Bestow Life Insurance Review 2022: Affordable Plans from a Highly-Rated Provider
Quick Take: Bestow life insurance works with quality A+ rated carriers to provide term life insurance. The company doesn't require health exams, and there's no waiting period on benefits once they accept the consumer's insurance application. Plans are affordable and coverage ranges from $50,000 to $1.5 million.
Plans aren't available in New York or to those age 61 and older, though, which are two big drawbacks. The company might also deny you coverage based on its eligibility questionnaire.
Coverage Waiting Period
Bestow Life Insurance Overview
Bestow life insurance promotes itself as an easy way to access life insurance. Most life insurance companies require customers to take part in a health exam before approval. Instead, Bestow asks consumers to answer a health and lifestyle questionnaire that it uses to determine eligibility.
The insurance provider offers policies in five-year increments. Coverage terms range from 10 to 30 years. Applicants between the ages of 18 and 60 may be eligible based on certain criteria. Applicants can opt for coverage ranging from $50,000 to $1.5 million.
North American Company for Life and Health Insurance as well as Munich Re — both of which received A+ ratings from A.M. Best — back Bestow life insurance policies. Moreover, Bestow Life Insurance earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Unfortunately, policies aren’t available to those age 61 or older or to those who live in New York. Also, the application suggests health and lifestyle habits are the basis for coverage approval. However, some BBB reviews allege factors like BMI, prior felony convictions and other things may be taken into account.
Here are some key features to consider before signing up for Bestow Life Insurance.
Bestow life insurance is an affordable option with plans starting at just $10 per month. However, that price may vary by case because rates are based on a wide range of factors. The most important that play a role in the cost of life insurance coverage are generally:
- Age. Insurance companies pay close attention to applicant ages compared to life expectancy. Younger consumers pose lower risks to life insurance companies, which is why they usually pay lower premiums. Conversely, older individuals pay higher premiums, as they’re considered a higher risk to insurers.
- Gender. Females typically live about five years longer than males. Consequently, females tend to pay lower prices for life insurance than males of the same age.
- Health and lifestyle. Insurance companies typically pay close attention to applicants’ health and lifestyle activities, too. After all, inactive consumers who are overweight pose a higher risk than those who are in shape and work out three times a week.
Considering these factors, a 50-year-old male isn’t likely to qualify for a $10 plan. Nonetheless, the platform’s pricing is competitive for all qualifying ages.
Accessibility is an important part of the life insurance conversation. As consumers age, they typically find that they no longer qualify for certain life insurance products. Moreover, health exam requirements lead to further accessibility boundaries.
Bestow life insurance is highly accessible.
Those age 60 and younger may qualify for coverage with no medical exam. The company’s reasonable pricing structure further enhances accessibility for consumers.
One real problem regarding accessibility is that the company doesn’t accept New York residents. Of course, health and lifestyle questionnaire results may limit accessibility as well. Moreover, some consumer reviews from the BBB suggest credit scores and criminal history may also lead to accessibility limitations. These limitations are why the service earned a 4.5 rating in this category rather than a 5.
Coverage Waiting Period
Most health insurance companies require customers to pass a medical exam before coverage starts. This means there’s a waiting period during which customers aren’t covered by most plans, from when consumers sign up until they pass the medical exam.
Bestow Health Insurance has no medical exam and no waiting periods. Coverage starts as soon as they accept the consumer’s application and the consumer makes their first payment.
Online reviews on the Bestow life insurance site suggest the consumer experience has been positive. This is further backed up by the company’s A+ rating with the BBB.
However, several complaints on the BBB website suggest the company uses bait-and-switch tactics. For example, some customers claimed the company denied them simply because they were in their late 50s. However, the Bestow life insurance website suggests that the company covers consumers up to age 60.
Nonetheless, all complaints on the BBB website had to do with an inability to get accepted for a plan rather than payment issues or other issues related to the actual service.
Comparable Life Insurance Offers
Insurance coverage options vary by person and provider. Those who aren’t happy with what Bestow life insurance has to offer should consider the following competitors.
Haven Life offers no health exam term life insurance with plans that start immediately upon coverage acceptance. Applicants may qualify for terms as long as 30 years and coverage up to $500,000. The company also offers coverage amounts up to $3 million, but high coverage amounts will lead to a health exam requirement. Plans start at about $10 per month, and service is available for New York residents.
AIG Direct also has a term life offering that doesn’t require a health exam. Consumers can qualify regardless of health status, although the company may require a higher premium for consumers with health concerns. The company also offers guaranteed issue whole life insurance, but coverage amounts on these policies only range from $5,000 to $25,000.
How To Apply for Bestow Life Insurance
Those interested in applying for Bestow life insurance should start by going to the company’s website. Applicants should click the “Get a Quote” button in the top right of the website to start the application.
It’s important to be completely honest when filling out the application. If insurance companies find out the consumer lied during the application process, they may refuse to pay claims, drop the coverage or impose higher fees and penalties.
Once all requested information is complete, applicants should receive a coverage decision and price. If they’re happy with the price, they can complete the forms and make the required first payments right on the website.
Who Is Bestow Life Insurance Best For?
Bestow life insurance is best for younger consumers with few health risks. Based on customer reviews, those age 50 or older and those with a higher BMI might have a harder time getting approved. Bestow life insurance coverage limits range from $50,000 to $1.5 million, so those looking for a lower coverage amount or a higher one will have to look elsewhere.
Bestow life insurance is an easy way to access insurance coverage, especially for younger adults with few health risks. Insurance coverage starts immediately upon approval and prices are affordable, making Bestow a compelling option for many.
Click here to visit Bestow and learn more.
Bestow Life Insurance FAQHere are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Bestow Life Insurance.
- Is Bestow a legitimate life insurance company?
- Bestow life insurance is a well-respected company in the life insurance industry. The company has earned an A+ rating from the BBB and works with two insurers, both of which received A+ ratings from A.M. Best.
- Does Bestow life insurance pay out?
- Life insurance helps surviving loved ones with expenses when the insured passes away. Policies issued by Bestow life insurance pay a lump sum death benefit. This means that when an insured party passes away, the beneficiaries stated on the policy will receive a payment equal to the amount of coverage on the policy.
- How much does Bestow life insurance cost?
- Bestow life insurance plans start at $10 per month. Rates will depend on the term of the plan, amount of coverage and the health, lifestyle and age of the covered party.
- Who is Bestow life insurance backed by?
- The North American Company for Life and Health Insurance as well as Munich RE both back policies issued by Bestow life insurance. Both insurers are currently A+ rated by A.M. Best.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Bestow. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Bestow.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- Better Business Bureau. "Bestow, Inc. | Reviews."
- Forbes. 2020. "What To Expect In A Life Insurance Medical Exam. "
- Forbes. 2021. "Factors Affecting Life Insurance Rates."
- Fidelity Life. "Why are there waiting periods for life insurance?"