- National Waffle Week is Sunday, Sept. 2, through Sunday, Sept. 8, 2018.
- Waffle and breakfast deals are available nationwide.
- Food deals will be offered throughout National Waffle Week.
Fans of waffles and breakfast-loving foodies should mark their calendars for National Waffle Week, which runs from September 2 through September 8. Check out where you score waffle deals and breakfast food freebies.
National Waffle Week 2018
Don’t worry if you waffled around and missed National Waffle Day on August 24 — National Waffle Week is the first week of September and promises some tasty treats. So far, major waffle-selling chains have not announced specific Waffle Week deals yet, but some are featuring limited-time menu offers, events and Waffle Week promotions. Here are the current Waffle Week deals, coupons and events, and you can check with your favorite local waffle-serving restaurant to see if they are planning something special of their own.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Waffle Week 2018:
- Belgian Waffle and Omelet Inn: If you want to celebrate every day of Waffle Week in Utah, you can get a $20 punch card with no expiration date for $15 through this coupon site.
- Coco’s Bakery: Check out Coco’s Belgian waffle the next time you stop in for breakfast.
- Denny’s: The 24-hour diner is known for its breakfast offerings, notably the Belgian Waffle Slam.
- Ibotta: Coupon site Ibotta has an offer for $1 cash back on select Eggo waffles when you sign up. Offer valid through Oct. 21, 2018.
- IHOP: Sure, it’s the International House of Pancakes, but IHOP has you covered on waffles, too, including its chicken and waffles item.
- Marie Callender’s: Though more of a pie specialist, Marie Callender’s still serves up a breakfast of Belgian waffles.
- The Original Pancake House: Like IHOP, pancake might be in the name, but waffles are still part of the game.
- Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles: Given that waffles is in its name, you can bet Roscoe’s waffles are top-tier.
- Waffle House: This year marks Waffle House’s 63rd anniversary. In celebration of National Waffle Week, Waffle House is rolling out its Waffle Truck in Atlanta, where the company is headquartered, and its Waffle Week festivities will include live music by country music legend Bill Anderson to coincide with a celebration of the Waffle House Museum’s 10th anniversary. Waffle House is also bringing back its blueberry waffles for a limited time. The company announced you should follow its official Twitter, Facebook or Instagram for clues as to its waffle truck’s whereabouts in order to get free waffles and other prizes.
- Wolferman’s: Gift site Wolferman’s offers gourmet waffle assortments and other baked good gifts. It’s having a Labor Day sale offering 40 percent off select items.
Is It Your Birthday? Starbucks and 59 Other Places That Give Away Birthday Freebies
National Waffle Day 2018 Deals and Freebies
National Waffle Day on August 24 celebrates when Cornelius Swarthout submitted his patent for his famous invention, the waffle iron, in 1869. These locations offered deals on National Waffle Day this year, and some are extending offers through Labor Day and National Waffle Week:
- Carbon’s Golden Malted: The largest supplier of waffle mix in the U.S. is offering discounted prices as Labor Day weekend specials on its various mixes.
- Forever Yogurt: Celebrate National Waffle Week with a swirl of frozen yogurt in a fresh waffle cone.
- Huddle House: Check out Waffle Wednesday at Huddle House. All you have to do is spend $6 to be eligible for a free waffle.
- Joe’s Cafe: The cafe offered 99 cent waffles on National Waffle Day in August. Check out its waffles in September, too.
- White Castle: White Castle offers Belgian waffle sliders as part of its breakfast menu.
Be sure to check with your local restaurants and county fairs to see what waffle deals they’re offering.
Fried chicken and waffle cone to start the day off right! #AndrewsFairShare#Repost @karaleedee with @get_repost
This has been my #1 fave food at the @mnstatefair since it debuted a few years ago: Chicken in a Waffle by @bluebarnmn. The white me… https://t.co/KJfa9tAcpu pic.twitter.com/WbfMWsJGjl
— Andrew Zimmern (@andrewzimmern) August 31, 2018
Making the Most of Eggs and More: Impressive Ways to Serve These Cheap Foods
National Food Day Calendar for Breakfast Lovers
If the first meal of the day is your favorite, good news: Plenty of breakfast-food holidays take place all year long. Here are other breakfast holidays to look out for in 2018 and beyond:
- National Breakfast Month (aka Better Breakfast Month) — September
- National Bacon Day — September 1
- National Cream-Filled Donut Day — September 14
- National Coffee Day — September 29
- World Egg Day — Second Friday in October
- National French Toast Day — November 28
- National Maple Syrup Day — December 17
- Oatmeal Month — January
- National Croissant Day — January 30
- National Pancake Day — February 27
- National Hot Breakfast Month — February
- National Cereal Day — March 7
- National Eggs Benedict Day — April 16
- National Egg Month — May
- National Egg Day — June 3
- National Donut Day — First Friday in June
- National Jelly-Filled Donut Day — June 8
- National Blueberry Muffin Day — July 11
Coffee Day is September 29: Read about the best and worst deals at Starbucks.
More on Saving Money and Food Deals