There’s nothing quite like a relaxing hot bath at the end of a stressful work day, and bath bombs can help elevate the experience with ingredients designed to alleviate stress and soothe muscles. Lush’s Big Blue bath bomb is made with lavender and lemon essential oils to relax and rejuvenate, but you can reap all the benefits of the name-brand product at home using this simple recipe.
Keep reading to find out how to pamper yourself with this easy DIY beauty product.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Essential oils (optional)
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup citric acid
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons Epsom salt
3 tablespoons water
Supplies Needed: Round mold, mixing bowl, spoon and gloves
1. Pour baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and Epsom salt into a mixing bowl. Mix together with a spoon.
2. Put on gloves.
3. Pour coconut oil into the mix and blend in using your hands.
4. Add in water and 6 to 8 drops of essential oil. Mix with hands.
5. Set aside a small portion of the mix for later.
6. Add food coloring and use hands to mix in.
7. Scoop a small amount of the set-aside portion into the round mold, and fill the rest with the blue mixture.
8. Let harden for 48 hours.
$3.60 = 3 circular molds
$1 = cornstarch
$2 = baking soda
$2.99 = food coloring
$3.99 = bath salts
$3.99 = coconut oil
(Essential oils optional)
Total estimated cost = $17.58
The recipe yields 3 bath bombs.
$17.58 divided by 3 = $5.86
Cost to DIY: $5.86 per bath bomb
Retail price: $6.95 per bath bomb