Because there are so many credit card products on the market, when you’re shopping for one, it can be tough to narrow your choice down. If you want a credit card with good benefits, rates and fees, consider the Barclaycard Ring Mastercard from Barclays. Right now, Barclays is offering a 0% APR intro rate on balance transfers, so it’s a good time to sign up.
Read this Barclaycard Ring review to find out more about how it might be a good solution for your financial situation.
|Barclaycard Ring Mastercard at a Glance|
What You Need to Know About This Barclays Credit Card
Best for: Those who don’t mind a credit card that doesn’t come with a rewards program and who want a simple credit card with a low, variable interest rate starting at 13.99% APR. This card is also good for those who want to transfer balances from other credit cards with higher interest rates — you’ll pay 0% APR for any balance transfers you make during the first 45 days after you open your account.
Best Features of the Barclays Credit Card
To determine if this credit card is for you, you’ll want to know the perks of using it:
- Variable, 13.99% APR starting rate
- $0 annual fee
- 0% APR on balance transfers within 45 days of opening account
Other Features of the Barclays Credit Card
Beyond the rates and fees, there are other important features to consider:
- Free online access to your FICO credit score
- International chip and pin you can use at self-service chip terminals worldwide
- Access to Barclays Giveback program in which Barclays sets aside a certain percentage of all cardholders’ purchases, cash advances and balance transfers, then distributes those funds to all cardholders
- Access to Ring community, Barclays’ forum for customer discussions and idea sharing
Apply Online for a Barclaycard Ring Mastercard
If you think the Barclay Ring card will work for you, you can apply securely online. You’ll even receive an instant response, according to the website. Take these steps to apply:
- Visit the Barclays website.
- Fill out the general information, employment and financial, contact and security information fields.
- Choose whether you want paper or online bank statements.
- If you want to do a balance transfer, add that information.
- Click on “Apply.”
If you need help with anything related to your account, Barclays is there for you 24/7. Just call 877-523-0478 to get in touch with a Barclays customer service representative who can help you with checking your balance and transactions, making your Barclaycard payment, checking your available credit and more. You can also log in to your account online and track activity, make payments, transfer balances and more. Here’s how to log in to your account:
- Visit the Barclays website.
- Enter your Barclays credit card login information, including username and password.
- Click on “Log in.”
The Barclaycard Ring Mastercard Brings No Frills but Offers Low Interest Rates
The Barclaycard Ring Mastercard might be for you if you’re looking for a no-frills card that offers a great starting variable interest rate of 13.99% APR. And no Barclaycard review would be complete without mentioning that you can make free balance transfers during the first 45 days of opening the card. If you really like a traditional rewards program, you might want to look elsewhere.
More on Credit Cards
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Credit Card Expiration Dates
- How to Use a Credit Card for a Down Payment
- 10 Things You Should Never Put on a Credit Card
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack, Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack, Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met in order to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.