How To Find and Use Your Venmo Credit Card Login
Founded in 2009, Venmo quickly rocketed through the ranks to become one of the most popular peer-to-peer payment and personal finance apps. In 2020, the company teamed up with Synchrony Bank to launch the Venmo Visa credit card, which comes with exciting perks like up to 3% cash back.
When you get a new credit card, you need to go through the online registration process to manage your account on the internet. Here’s a guide on how to register, log in and retrieve a forgotten username or password.
How To Log In to Your Venmo Credit Card Account From a Computer
The Venmo Credit Card is seamlessly integrated into the Venmo app. You apply for the card through the app, so if you have the card, you’re already registered to manage your account online. Follow these steps to log in:
- Go to the Venmo website.
- Click the “Log in” link in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address, mobile phone number or username into the first available field.
- Enter your password into the second field.
- Click “Sign In.”
- Click the “Venmo Credit Card” option from the “Settings” menu to manage your account online.
How To Log In to Your Venmo Credit Card Account From a Mobile Device
- Launch the Venmo app by tapping its icon on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Log in” button.
- Enter your email address, mobile phone number or username.
- Enter your password.
- Tap “Submit” in the upper right corner of the screen.
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
With Venmo, you don’t have to worry about forgetting your username because you can also log in using your email address or phone number. However, if you’ve forgotten your password, don’t worry; it’s easy to reset. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Venmo website.
- Click the “Log in” link at the top of the site.
- Click the “Forgot Password?” link under the login fields.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Click “Submit.”
- Follow the prompts Venmo sends to your email or phone to reset your password.
- Choose a new password that’s difficult to crack but easy for you to remember.
The Bottom Line
Venmo’s credit card is an attractive offering. You get up to 3% cash back on spending that falls under your eligible top spend category, 2% on the next category and 1% on all other eligible purchases. You can even opt to use your cash-back rewards to automatically purchase cryptocurrency.
If you want to take advantage of any of the card’s features and manage your account, you need to log in to your account. Follow the steps above to get started.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most common questions about the Venmo Credit Card.
- Is the Venmo Credit Card a real credit card?
- The Venmo Credit Card is an actual credit card; it’s a Visa issued by Synchrony Bank. Like all Visa credit cards, you can use it for purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.
- What is the credit limit on the Venmo Credit Card?
- The minimum credit limit on the Venmo Credit Card is $250. The company hasn’t published a maximum credit limit on its website, but you can trust that you’ll be able to access at least a $250 credit line if approved.
- Does Venmo do credit line increases?
- Venmo doesn’t actively monitor your account or increase your credit line when you qualify, but you can ask for a credit line increase. If you’d like a higher credit limit, call Venmo’s card services at 855-878-6462 and ask the representative for an increased credit limit — some cardholders may even have the option to request a credit line increase in the Venmo app.
- The good news is that Venmo doesn't do hard inquiries when cardholders request increases in their credit lines. So those that do request an increase don't have to worry about a negative impact on their credit scores.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.