If you want to get free gift cards by doing things you probably already do online, you might consider becoming a Swagbucks member. The website allows you to earn points while you shop online, watch videos, search the web, answer surveys and find great offers. Those points can be redeemed for gift cards at major retailers like Amazon and Walmart, or even to get cash back through PayPal. Keep reading to find out more about this clever way to make money online.
What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is an online rewards program that allows members to earn gift cards and cash back through their online activities. So far, Swagbucks has already paid out over $282.6 million in cash and free gift cards. Members can earn $600 a month using the website, according to a Huffington Post report.
Is Swagbucks Legit?
Swagbucks is part of the company Prodege, LLC, which currently has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau. It also has a 9.6 out of 10 rating from ConsumersAdvocate.org and a four out of five-star rating on Trustpilot.
“I love Swagbucks,” said one Trustpilot review. “It is a great way to find great deals and make a little cash on the side.” Another reviewer on Trustpilot said, “I have been using Swagbucks for many years and have earned over $6,000 in gift cards. I highly recommend this company.”
How Does Swagbucks Work?
There are several ways to earn points that can be redeemed for free gift cards or cash on Swagbucks. The first step is becoming a member. You can sign up for Swagbucks using your email address or Facebook account, and the membership is free.
Online Shopping With Swagbucks
- Old Navy
- Sam’s Club
- Land’s End
In addition to earning points for every dollar you spend, you’ll also get access to exclusive deals and retailer coupons, and you’ll also receive cash back when you shop.
Other Ways to Earn Swagbucks Points
If online shopping isn’t your thing, there are a number of other ways to earn Swagbucks points:
- Swagbucks Answers: Fill out surveys to earn free gift cards. You can earn 40 to 200 Swagbucks points for an approximately three-minute survey. It’s an easy way to make money online.
- Swagbucks Watch: You can also earn points by watching online videos. The videos span topics including news and politics, TV and film, food, sports and fashion. The videos vary in length, with some as short as 10 minutes and others longer than an hour, and the amount of points you’ll earn per video is clearly marked.
- Swagbucks Discover: You can earn points when you buy or read more about one of Swagbucks’ featured deals. These deals are usually for membership services, such as Blue Apron.
- Swagbucks Search: Earn points just by browsing the web when you make Swagbucks your search engine.
- Swagbucks Play: Get Swagbucks points when you play online games like Angry Birds and Tetris. You’ll typically get 18 points for every $1 earned in gameplay.
- SwagButton: Add the SwagButton Chrome extension to your browser and you’ll earn 300 points automatically. The extension will notify you if you’re shopping at a site that offers cash back for shopping through Swagbucks, help you find relevant coupons when online shopping, give you Swag code alerts for additional discounts and alert you when there is a new earning opportunity.
How to Redeem Swagbucks
If you’re wondering, “How does Swagbucks pay you?,” the answer is through Swagbucks points, which you can redeem for gift cards and cash back through PayPal. The ratio of points to dollars earned is typically $1 for every 100 points, so you could get $25 from PayPal with 2,500 Swagbucks points, or a $10 Amazon gift card for 1,000 Swagbucks points. You could also donate your Swagbucks rewards to numerous charities, including The Humane Society and The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
To cash in your Swagbucks points for rewards, simply visit the Rewards Store to browse what’s available for the points you have earned.
Click through to learn 50 new, easy ways to make money from home.
More on Side Gigs