If trying new products before they hit the market sounds interesting, then product testing might be right up your alley. Consider it a win-win situation: As a product tester, not only can you be rewarded for trying out new products, but you’ll also have the chance to give companies your valuable feedback that they can use to improve their offerings.
Here are the 10 best websites to earn cash testing products.
How Do I Become a Product Tester?
The exact steps for becoming a product tester for a specific website may vary. But here are some basic steps to give you an idea of what it involves.
First, start by researching and identifying product testing companies that match your interests. After you’ve found a suitable company, sign up on its platform and provide the required information. Note: This usually involves sharing your demographic information to help match you with suitable products.
Next, regularly check in with the platform. It’s also important to respond quickly to any product-testing invitations you receive. Some sites may ask you to complete qualifying surveys or assessments before testing. Finally, always give honest and thorough feedback. Your objective views can influence future product developments and changes.
Do Product Testers Get Paid?
Many product testers do get paid, but the compensation can vary widely. Some companies offer cash, either directly or through an online payment platform like PayPal. Others might reward testers with gift cards or points that can be redeemed for rewards. In some cases, the product itself — which you get to keep after testing — is the only compensation.
1. Pinecone Research
About the site: Exclusive membership offering higher compensation rates for product testing and surveys.
- Earn points for every survey and product test, that you can redeem for money or other prizes.
- Option to receive cash reward via bank transfer.
- $3 per survey
- Membership is not always open.
- Rewards and payments are not immediate due to a wait of three to five business days.
2. American Consumer Opinion
About the site: Offers the opportunity for testers to help optimize existing products and packaging designs.
- Offers an app
- Variety of products from household items to software
- May take time to qualify for product testing
- Points are worth $0.01 and minimum cash out is 1,000 points.
About the site: UserTesting provides a unique platform for users to get paid for providing feedback on websites and apps.
- Pays for each completed test
- You can apply whenever you want; no invite needed
- Minimum requirements for tester’s devices; microphone required
- PayPal is only option for payment
4. Survey Junkie
About the site: Offers surveys and product-testing opportunities
- Product testing includes both packaged goods and digital products
- Can earn up to $40 per month if you take advantage of everything available
- Cash out with a minimum of $5 in earnings via PayPal
- You won’t qualify for every survey or opportunity.
5. Product Report Card
About the site: Easily earn a $5 reward upon signing up and completing a short survey.
- Some product tests pay hundreds of dollars.
- You can start earning rewards immediately.
- Only higher paying studies of $100-$500 are paid in cash; default reward is an Amazon Card
- $25 minimum balance to get rewards
About the site: Offers cash to test out apps and websites and connected hardware products
- Pays cash via PayPal
- Average test lasts 30 minutes, but may also take place over the course of a few weeks
- Tests pay between $15 to $30, for those in a duration between 45 to 60 minutes
- Have to wait for email invites to test
- Payment could take up to two weeks
About the site: Besides offering surveys and product testing, there’s an online community.
- Provides a community setting for interaction
- 500 welcome points for signing up
- Most but not all activities awards points
- Points expire after 12 months
8. Ipsos i-Say
About the site: One of the world’s largest marketing research firms that occasionally offers product testing opportunities.
- Mobile app for doing surveys from anywhere
- Offers cash rewards
- Must take qualifying survey to be invited to product testing opportunities
- PayPal rewards can take three to four weeks for delivery
About the site: Offers a variety of products to test from companies looking for consumer feedback.
- Wide array of products for testing
- Users get to keep the products they test
- Product availability varies
- No payment, but you get to keep the products you test.
About the site: Users earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards in return for their input on various products.
- Low minimum reward threshold of $5 to redeem rewards
- Surveys can be as short as one question
- Have to apply for product-testing opportunities
- Can only redeem points for gift cards
Product-testing websites offer unique opportunities and the chance to earn some extra cash, gift cards or free products. However, requirements can vary by site, and you might want to join more than one platform to increase chances of qualifying for tests. Also, read reviews for each site before you join to find out other users’ experiences and always find out how each site uses your personal information. Taking the extra time for due diligence can help you avoid things like unwanted spam emails, rewards that expire and payment issues.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- Adobe. "USER TESTING."