Fetch Rewards Review: An Easy Way To Earn Rewards for Everyday Shopping
Ease of Use
- It's easy to earn points
- Dozens of reward options
- Easy to find answers in the FAQ section of its website
- It can take time for points to add up
- Receipt scans must be precise
- You may not feel comfortable linking account login information to the Fetch app
What Is Fetch Rewards?
The Fetch Rewards mobile app is a way to scan printed receipts and submit e-receipts to earn points that you can trade for gift cards to some of your favorite stores. You can also earn rewards points by purchasing specific brands during their promotional periods.
Scan receipts from:
- Grocery stores
- Retail stores
- Pet stores
- Restaurants, including fast food
- Gas stations
- Convenience stores
How Does Fetch Rewards Work?
Scan receipts and earn at least 25 points for each one. Some store brands offer more points than others. If your receipt contains specific items on promotion with Fetch, the receipt may earn you up to 50 points.
You can scan up to 35 printed receipts in a seven-day rolling period. Because it’s a rolling period, you can scan new receipts each day as receipts from seven days ago fall outside of the window.
When calculating the number of receipts in a seven-day period, Fetch uses the scan date, not the receipt date. You must scan receipts within 14 days of purchase, or they are not eligible for rewards points.
How To Scan Receipts
Spread your receipt out on a flat surface so it is completely visible, then follow these steps:
- Tap the camera icon in the bottom, middle of the screen.
- Select “Snap” from the two options.
- Begin scanning at the top of the receipt, ensuring all edges are visible and the information is not blurry.
- If your receipt is longer than the snap window, continue taking pictures of each section until you capture the entire receipt.
The app looks for the purchase date, store and total purchase amount. Once it captures this data, you can submit your receipt to earn points.
For best results, follow these tips to ensure that receipts are accepted the first time:
- A darker background is best, so the edges of the receipt are clear.
- Don’t place receipts on a reflective surface.
- Remove fingers or objects that block any portion of the receipt.
- Make sure receipt edges meet the guidelines on the camera scanner.
You may not see points in your account immediately after scanning a receipt because there is a processing time. While most receipts process within a few seconds, some take more time. Check back after 24 hours and resubmit your receipt if needed.
You can connect your Amazon account and email address to earn points for online purchases, too. Fetch accepts e-receipts from dozens of retailers, including:
E-receipts also have a 14-day eligibility window. Keep in mind that the order status must be “shipped” or “delivered” for Fetch to accept the receipt and issue points to your account. You cannot print and scan the receipt from an online purchase.
How To Submit Corrections
The Fetch app detects special offer purchases on your receipts automatically. You don’t need to take any extra steps to claim points for a special offer you saw in the app. If you don’t see points added to your account within 24 hours, follow these steps:
- Select the “Activity” tab to find recently added receipts.
- Tap on the pencil icon next to the receipt and select “+” to add an offer that the Fetch scanner missed.
- Make applicable changes and select “Yes, Submit” to complete the offer.
Manual changes require a review from the Fetch team, but you can expect approval or denial within 24 hours.
Fetch Rewards Features
Here’s a look at some of the features Fetch has to offer.
Claim gift card rewards starting at $3 and reaching up to $50. It’s easy to claim smaller rewards without waiting for your points to add up to claim a larger reward.
When you visit the homepage of the Fetch app, also called the Discover page, you’ll see special offers that can earn you thousands of bonus points. Examples include:
- Magazine subscriptions
- Grocery items
- Pet products
- Over-the-counter medications
Make sure your purchase qualifies for the special offer by tapping on the offer promotion and scrolling down to read the disclaimers. Some stipulations include:
- Purchasing a specific product flavor
- Purchasing a specific product size
- Spending a certain dollar amount
- Buying two or more products within a brand
You can navigate special offers easier by sorting them into:
- Most recent
- Points high to low
- Expiring first
Refer a Friend
When someone signs up for a new Fetch Rewards account using your referral code, you each get 2,000 bonus points. You get 2,000 points when they create an account, and they get 2,000 points after scanning their first receipt. There is no limit on the points you can earn for referring friends to sign up for the Fetch app.
Is Fetch Rewards Right for You?
If you’re a frequent shopper in-store or online, Fetch is an easy way to earn rewards. You can check the app ahead of time to see what special offers are available before shopping. Even if you don’t, any points for qualifying purchases credit your account automatically. There’s no need to select offers you want to participate in. Plus, you can earn a minimum of 875 points per week for scanning 35 receipts, even without any special offers.
Fetch Rewards FAQHere are the answers to some commonly asked questions about Fetch Rewards.
- How do I claim rewards?
- Select the "Rewards" tab at the bottom of the app. Browse categories and choose your reward brand and gift card amount based on the number of points you have. Select the option to get your reward and then check your email for your reward. Keep in mind that sometimes rewards take up to three business days to process.
- How do I protect my account privacy?
- Use a unique password for Fetch Rewards that you don't use for any other account. If information is compromised in a data breach, fraudsters may use a compromised password to try and access your other accounts. With unique passwords, you prevent this from happening.
- What happens if my receipt upload has an error?
- Wait a few hours and try again later that day. Fetch Rewards has a development team that monitors the app for issues and resolves most of them quickly. If you continue receiving an error message, contact Fetch Rewards support through the help center by submitting error codes and screenshots.