Though physical books will always be classic, audiobooks are an ever-expanding enterprise that offer the convenience of having thousands of books with you in the palm of your hand. With platforms such as Audible, you can download all of your favorite reads onto your phone or tablet and listen at your leisure.
How To Cancel Your Audible Membership: Online
Be aware that you cannot cancel your Audible membership directly through the Audible app. Instead, you have to go to Audible.com in your preferred web browser and log in to your account to cancel there. You can cancel online by following these steps:
- To begin the cancellation process, sign in to your Audible account.
- Locate your username at the top of the page and hover over it. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Account Details.”
- Click on “Cancel Membership.”
- Choose a reason for canceling your membership. You can select an option from the available choices or choose “Other” if your reason is not listed.
- After selecting your reason, click on the confirmation button to finalize the cancellation process.
How To Cancel Your Audible Membership: iOS
If you need to cancel your Audible membership on your iPhone or iPad, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app and tap your name and Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- If you are not yet logged in, enter your password or use Touch ID or Face ID.
- Once on the Apple ID page, select the “Subscriptions” option.
- You will see a list of your active and inactive subscriptions, and you can select the one you would like to cancel after reviewing.
- After selecting and reviewing the subscription you wish to cancel, tap the “Cancel Subscription” option to cancel and confirm your cancelation.
You can only cancel this way through an iOS app if you started your Audible membership subscription through your Apple ID account. If you did not start your membership this way, you can follow the online instructions listed in the previous section.
How To Cancel Your Audible Membership: Google Play
If you are looking to cancel your Audible membership on your Android device, you can easily do so by following these steps:
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app.
- Under the Profile Menu, tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Go to “Payments and Subscriptions,” then tap “Subscriptions.”
- Once on this page, select “Audible” and tap “Cancel Subscription.”
Pausing Your Audible Membership
If you’re not sure yet that you want to cancel — or if you just want some time to catch up on your audiobook backlog before you pay for more — you can put your Audible Plus or Audible Premium Plus membership on hold for one to three months. You won’t have to pay during this time, and you won’t accrue any credits.
To pause your Audible membership, just select “Pause membership” instead of “Cancel membership” on the Account Details webpage.
This option is not available for plans that do not earn credits or memberships started through iOS or Google Play.
Audible memberships are easy to cancel, but be aware the steps to do so can vary depending on what type of device you use. You can cancel anytime, and if you change your mind, you can renew your membership anytime.
FAQHere are the answers to some common questions about cancelling your Audible membership.
- Why can't I cancel my Audible membership?
- You cannot cancel your Audible membership directly through the app. Instead, you have to open your account via a web browser and select "Cancel Membership" in your account details.
- If you're having trouble cancelling your Audible subscription through iOS or Google Play, try cancelling through the web browser. And if you're still having trouble, call Amazon customer service and they can help you cancel.
- How do I cancel my Audible subscription on my iPhone?
- If you started your Audible membership through your Apple ID account, you can cancel it through the "Subscriptions" option on your Apple ID page.
The article above was refined via automated technology and then fine-tuned and verified for accuracy by a member of our editorial team.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.