Coffee: You want it. You need it. You’re not going to be very pleasant without it.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a dark-roast person or into medium blonde, like it iced or piping hot, or if you insist on fair trade or don’t care who grows it as long as it’s Arabica: All true coffee lovers can agree that the best coffee is free coffee — or close to that, anyway. That’s where Free Coffee Day comes in.
Find the best deals on free coffee and how to get them. If your goal is to cut your coffee bill, this is a good day to start.
Stores Celebrating National Coffee Day
National Coffee Day is Friday, Sept. 29 — and although you might not get your daily caffeine fix entirely for free at your local cafe, Coffee Day offers plenty of great discounts on coffee.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond: You don’t need a coupon code to save up to 20 percent on all Nespresso products.
- Big Cat: Use coupon code “CheckList” to take 10 percent off your entire order.
- Boca Java: Coupon code “FREESHIP15” will get you free shipping on orders of $15 or more.
- Bruegger’s Bagels: In honor of the holiday, some locations will be holding a bottomless mugs giveaway on Sept. 29
- CoffeeAM: Save as much as 13 percent on organic espresso — no coupon necessary.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Use coupon code “KatePink9448” and get a free drink when you sign up for the app, or use coupon code “VirajAror4726” and get a free drink when you sign up for the rewards program.
- Coffee For Less: Coupon code “RETAILFIVE” will get you $5 off any order and you’ll also get free shipping on orders of $45 or more.
- Community Coffee: Use coupon code “FIRSTCUP” to get 20 percent off your entire order sitewide.
- Cross Country Cafe: Get $1 off all Dunkin Donuts K-Cup coffee pods with coupon code “1DUNKIN510.”
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Dunkin’ Donuts National Coffee Day deals include a buy one hot coffee, get the second hot coffee for free offer, a 20 percent discount on your entire order with coupon code “LDAY,” and for guests who purchase a medium, large or extra large cup of the brand’s signature hot coffee, they will receive a complimentary medium-sized hot coffee.
- Espresso Zone: When you use coupon code “ezsave” you’ll get 10 percent off your entire order.
- Gevalia: You don’t need a coupon code to take 30 percent off select Tassimo T DISCs.
- Illy eShop: Use coupon code “uefrancis15” to get 25 percent off your entire order.
- Keurig: Coupon code “SEPTEMBER20” gives you 20 percent off your order sitewide — excluding gift subscriptions, bundles, Green Mountain Coffee Reserve/Special Reserve coffees and Keurig coffee maker bundles.
- Mr. Coffee: “LABORDAYEXTRA20” is the coupon code to use for 20 percent off sitewide, plus free shipping.
- Nespresso: Take advantage of free shipping on all orders over $50.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: You don’t need a coupon code to save 50 percent in the Summer Clearance Sale.
San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee: If you want to take 20 percent off your next order, use coupon code “SFBAY20.”
- Seattle Coffee Gear: Save 39 percent — without a coupon — on a certified, refurbished Saeco Odea Giro Plus espresso machine.
- Starbucks: Starbucks National Coffee Day deals include a free $15 gift card when you place an order of $60 and you’ll get free shipping on orders over $50. It’s all yours with coupon code “EGIFT15.”
- Wawa: All Wawa locations will be offering a free cup of coffee up to 24 ounces to celebrate the holiday. Not enough joe? You also score a free coffee when you sign up for the Wawa Rewards program.
More Ways to Celebrate
By now you’re likely asking, “Is there a store celebrating Coffee Day near me?” Chances are there is, but if not, have a little fun with these other coffee-related activities:
- Let your mug do the talking. The San Francisco Bay Coffee Company gives $20 worth of gourmet coffee every week to the winner of its ongoing, “Help Your Mug Take a Selfie” contest. Just take your best pic of your favorite coffee mug on a printable card you can find on the company’s website, write in your favorite coffee variety, post it on social media — don’t forget to add #MySFBayCoffee — and you’re in the running.
- Enter a giant coffee contest. If you think you know how to make a great cup of coffee, prove it by entering the nationwide U.S. Coffee Championships. Some competitions are limited to baristas, but others are open to the average joe.
- Get to know your coffee. If you’re truly a coffee lover, become a student of the craft and read up on the history of the incredible, amazing coffee bean and its impact on a grateful world.