If you’re thinking of indulging your sweet tooth or cheating on your diet, then National Donut Day is the time to do it. This year, it’s June 1, and not only does America take this day to recognize one of the greatest treats of all time, but retailers and restaurants also typically like to give back to consumers in the form of exclusive discounts and free donuts.
From the East Coast to the West Coast, you might be able to grab a free donut or get a couple bucks off some of your favorite items. In the previous year, Krispy Kreme gave customers a free donut for anyone who downloaded the iconic donut maker’s app, and Target offered their customers a discount to Dunkin’ Donuts through the Target Cartwheel app. But will deals like these be coming back for 2018?
Click through to see the best and worst deals at Starbucks.
Find out where you can satisfy your craving for sweets on National Donut Day 2018.
Save at Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme and More
Although National Donut Day is right around the corner, many retailers have not released if they’re going to be participating in all the donut celebration. But if you want a lead into where to look, check out the restaurant and retailers below who offered one-of-kind deals for last year’s National Donut Day.
- Cumberland Farms: Swing by your nearest store and get a free donut when you purchase a coffee or a soft drink, according to DealNews.
- Duck Donuts: The family company headquartered in Pennsylvania is giving out one of its free classic donuts to each customer, with no purchase necessary. Plus, stop by and receive a buy one, get one free donut coupon good until June 17, 2018.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Stop by your local Dunkin’ Donuts and get a free donut with a purchase of any drink.
- Entenmann’s: The famous baked goods company is offering a contest to win Chief Donut Officer when you sign up on the company’s website. The person who wins the title receives $5,000, one year of Entenmann’s Donuts and some merchandise. Four runner-ups also win $1,000.
- Fractured Prune: Get a Free OC Sand donut at participating locations.
- Glam Doll Donuts: If you’re in the Minnesota area then stop by this quaint donut shop. The first 100 customers at each store location will receive a free donut.
- Glaze Donuts: Check out this New Jersey favorite if you’re in the area. The donut company is giving away one free classic plain glazed donut, or you can make any purchase and get three classic donuts for free.
- Krispy Kreme: America classic donut destination Krispy Kreme is offering one free donut of your choice. What’s even better, there is no purchase necessary.
- LaMar’s Donuts: Come out and enjoy a free donut at participating locations.
- Mighty-O Donuts: If you are feeling charitable this National Donut Day then stop by the Seattle-based Mighty-O Donuts where 10 percent of donut sales proceeds will go to LunchDebt.org, an organization dedicated to helping eliminate school lunch debt.
- Tim Hortons: Get a chance to win free donuts for a whole year when you stop by the restaurant and ask for the “Gold Timbits” or “24-carat Gold Timbits” at participating locations in Buffalo, N.Y.; Columbus, Ohio and Detroit.
Click through to learn where to find affordable meals for foodies in every state