Nothing completes a breakfast ensemble like waffles topped with syrup, powdered sugar and fresh fruit. This Sept. 4 through Sept. 10 is National Waffle week, and it celebrates the first patent for a waffle iron, filed by Cornelius Swarthout in 1869.
To celebrate the holiday, restaurants are offering waffle coupons, waffle discounts — and even free waffles. Here are some of the best National Waffle Week deals and discounts.
10 National Waffle Week 2016 Deals
- Bob Evans: Use code HARVEST16 to save 20 percent off your online order until Sept. 25.
- Coco’s Bakery Restaurant: Now through Sept. 29, kids eat for $1.99 at this breakfast chain.
- Denny’s: AARP members can enjoy waffles and other dishes at Denny’s for 15 percent off with their membership.
- First Watch: Sign up for the Sun eClub and get a buy one, get one free offer for joining.
- IHOP: Get free pancakes at this favorite breakfast chain by signing up for its email newsletter.
- Jim’s Restaurants: Sign up for the chain’s email newsletter and get a coupon for 10 percent off your meal.
- Le Peep: Get $15 worth of breakfast and lunch at select Le Peep restaurants for $8 with this Groupon deal.
- Mimi’s Café: Buy one breakfast, lunch or dinner entrée and two beverages and get the second entrée free with this printable coupon for dine-in orders or coupon code 302-143-907 for to-go orders until Sept. 12.
- Village Inn: Take $5 off two entrees and two beverages or $2.50 off one entree and one beverage with this printable coupon until Sept. 16.
- Waffle House: Get a free waffle when you become a Waffle House Regular by signing up for the email newsletter.
Homemade Waffles Recipe
Celebrate National Waffle Week at home with this simple recipe. Top your waffles with ice cream, whipped cream or Nutella, and pair it with fresh fruit and eggs for a delicious breakfast.
Jamie Young contributed to the reporting for this article.