May the 4th Be With You: 31 Star Wars Day Sales, Deals and FreebiesMay the fourth bring you plenty of money-saving opportunities.
The “Star Wars” franchise is so popular that it has its own holiday. Each year on May 4, people around the globe celebrate “Star Wars” Day.
Recognizing “Star Wars” on May 4 reportedly dates back to 1979 when Margaret Thatcher took office as U.K. prime minister and was congratulated with an ad in the London Evening News which read, “May the Fourth Be With You, Maggie. Congratulations,” according to People magazine. As avid “Star Wars” fans know well, the ad was a play on the movie line, “May the force be with you, Luke.”
“Star Wars” Day activities range from simple social media tweets and office humor to costume events and themed parties. However you plan to celebrate, here are some spectacular “Star Wars” Day deals on merchandise, movies, games and more that will have you feeling the Force.
May the 4th Be With You: ‘Star Wars’ Day Deals on Entertainment and Merchandise
If your way of celebrating is to watch “Star Wars” movies or buy “Star Wars” gear, check out these May the fourth deals on movies, entertainment, toys, clothes and more:
- A.T. Cross Company: Enjoy free standard shipping on all orders over $75, no coupon code needed. Ideal for mature fans, you’ll find a huge selection of luxurious “Star Wars” fountain pens and journals.
- Barnes & Noble: Get free shipping when you spend $25 or more — no promo code needed — so buy yourself a “Star Wars” Day gift guilt-free, such as “The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition,” available exclusively at Barnes & Noble.
- Best Buy: Best Buy is offering a number of deals on “Star Wars” merchandise, movies and video games. For example, you can save $82 on the Sphero R2-D2 app-enabled droid.
- Build-A-Bear: Select “Star Wars” Furry Friends are two for $45.
- Checks in the Mail: Get 20 percent off the catalog price on “Star Wars” products with offer code STAR20 for a limited time.
- Disney Store: For a limited time, get a free “Star Wars” Sphero Force Band with an eligible “Star Wars” Sphero Droid purchase, no coupon code needed.
- Fun.com: Get 15% off all “Star Wars” gifts — including sale items that are already discounted up to 80 percent — through May 5.
- Great American Ballpark: Take advantage of the “Star Wars” ticket package and get a limited-edition Chewbacca bobblehead with your ticket to the May 4 game featuring the Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins. Ticket prices are $25, $55 and $80, depending on your seats. While supplies last.
- Hallmark: Enjoy free shipping on orders of $50 or more, no coupon code needed. The store sells everything from “Star Wars” stuffed animals to wrapping paper, so you’ll have no trouble meeting that minimum.
- HalloweenCostumes.com: Save up to 83 percent on a variety of “Star Wars” Day costumes and accessories for the whole family. Offer valid for a limited time only, no coupon code needed.
- Hanna Andersson: Get 20 percent off just about everything through May 6 — prices reflect savings — including several styles of “Star Wars” pajamas.
- Hasbro Toy Shop: Sign up for the newsletter and get 20 percent off your next purchase, which will obviously include “Star Wars” merchandise like lightsabers and actions figures.
- Hot Wheels: Save 20 percent on your first order when you sign up for the Very Important Parent program. The store offers a variety of “Star Wars” toys for kids ages three to seven, so this deal can allow you to save big.
- Petco: Enjoy free shipping on orders of $49 or more. The store offers a huge selection of “Star Wars” toys and apparel for dogs and cats, so get your furry friend in on the fun.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Join the email list and save 15 percent on your next purchase, which should include items from the “Star Wars” collection, such as bedding, towels and backpacks.
- SwimWays: Get free shipping throughout the continental U.S. on orders of $79 or more, no coupon code needed. Stock up on everything from “Star Wars” life jackets to pool floats.
- The LEGO Store: Get a free exclusive Darth Vader Pod with any LEGO “Star Wars” purchase of $60 or more — while supplies last — through 11:59 p.m. EST on May 3.
- ThinkGeek: Fill your cart with at least $75 worth of — preferably “Star Wars” — merchandise and get free shipping for a limited time. No coupon code required.
- Zak Designs: Enjoy $5 shipping on orders of $20 or more, no coupon code needed. The store offers a variety of “Star Wars” merchandise, including dinnerware.
Don’t Miss: The Incredible Career, Fame and Fortune of Carrie Fisher
‘Star Wars’ Day Deals on Food
From pizza deals to free chili dogs, eat your way through “Star Wars” Day without paying full price.
- Carl’s Jr.: Get a coupon for a free small fry and small beverage with the purchase of any Six Dollar Burger just for signing up for exclusive offers and emails.
- Cheryl’s: Take 15 percent off site-wide at Cheryl’s with coupon code TAKE15 through Dec. 31.
- Denny’s: Join Denny’s Rewards and get a coupon for 20 percent off your next visit. The restaurant has a new menu inspired by “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” making it the perfect place for a May the fourth meal.
- Hardee’s: Sign up for the email list and a coupon for a free small fry and small beverage with the purchase of any qualifying Thickburger will be delivered to your inbox.
- Godfather’s Pizza: Save $4 on a jumbo pizza on “Star Wars” Day and every day through Dec. 31 with this coupon.
- Long John Silver’s: Use this coupon to get a free deep-fried Twinkie with the purchase of any meal or platter through May 27.
- Mazzio’s: Get a Mazzio’s Signature Calzone Ring for $8.99 with this coupon through June 30.
- Olive Garden: Get a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of two adult entrees when you sign up for the eClub.
- Pizza Hut Delivery: Use code ELEVENONLINE to get any large pizza for $11 at participating Pizza Hut locations through June 30.
- Rubio’s: Get a free taco when you sign up for Beach Club.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Celebrate “Star Wars” Day with $2 off a Steak ‘n Shake Meal when you present this coupon through May 31.
- Wienerschnitzel: Join the Wiener Lover’s Club and get a free chili dog just for signing up.
So whether you’re going to a costume party dressed as Princess Leia or just want to get a good deal on some “Star Wars” merchandise, May the 4th be with you.
More Fandom: ‘Star Wars’ Actor Adam Driver’s Net Worth