Although many retailers show appreciation to America’s service members — and shoppers in general — on the 4th of July, some retailers reward service members and their families year-round. In addition to getting Veterans Affairs resources for service members, you can use your military ID to save money on everything from dining out to buying a car.
Click through to see the 10 best military banks and credit unions of 2018.
Military Discounts at Restaurants
Service members, veterans, and their families can take advantage of military discounts at national chain restaurants and food-related services. Take advantage of these offers now:
- House of Jerky: Get a 15 percent discount on all orders shipped to military APO/FPO addresses.
- Omaha Steaks: Veterans Advantage members can save an additional 10 percent on their purchase.
- Texas Steakhouse & Saloon: Active-duty or retired military receive a 10 percent discount.
- Wendy’s: Together with Veterans Advantage, Wendy’s offers eligible military members exclusive deals when they sign up for the WendyMail loyalty program.
- Wienerschnitzel: Police, fire, or military personnel in uniform can receive a 20 percent discount on their order at participating locations.
Military Discounts on Apparel and Accessories
From local shops to national chains, a range of clothing and accessories stores offer special prices and deals for military personnel. Get some great discounts from these participating companies:
- Bass Pro Shops: Eligible military members receive a 5 percent discount every day on select products and Cabela’s gear with a valid military ID.
- Champion: Military personnel and veterans get 10 percent off.
- Big 5 Sporting Goods: Active-duty and reserve military personnel, retirees, and veterans receive a 10 percent discount on their in-store purchase.
- Foot Locker: Qualified military personnel can get a 20 percent discount off most purchases on Footlocker.com.
- Michaels: Get 15 percent off your purchase — including sale items — every day with a military ID.
- MLBshop.com: Military personnel and first responders, along with their spouses and close family members, get a 15 percent discount on their purchase.
- NBA Store: Military service members receive a 15 percent discount on their order.
- Nike: Receive a 10 percent discount at Nike.com and at Nike stores as an eligible military member.
- NFL Shop: All eligible military personnel enjoy a 15 percent discount to use when purchasing products on NFLShop.com.
- Under Armour: For eligible military personnel, the sports retailer offers a 10 percent discount with verification.
Keep Reading: 14 Billionaires Who Are Veterans
Military Discounts on Cars and Auto Bonuses
Many major auto dealers offer exclusive specials and savings to military members and veterans. Check out what’s available:
- Chevrolet: Active-duty military members, reservists, National Guard personnel, veterans within three years of discharge, and eligible military retirees receive special discounts on select vehicles.
- Ford: All eligible military personnel receive military bonus cash, which is available on a purchase or lease of any new and eligible Ford or Lincoln vehicle.
- Nissan: Get $500 to $1,000 in savings as an active-duty or retired military member, reservist or veteran within one year of active duty.
Armed Forces Education and Child Care Offers
Members of the armed forces can save money on a range of products and services related to education and child care. In some cases, you can even save on educational services for yourself:
- Cultural Care Au Pair: The care company offers a $75 registration fee waiver and a $1,000 program fee discount to active-duty military members and veterans.
- KinderCare Learning Centers: All eligible military personnel get fee assistance, reduced tuition rates and access to all centers nationwide.
- Tutor.com: Provided by the U.S. Department of Defense and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance, U.S. military and their eligible dependents receive free online tutoring and homework help.
Military Discounts on Theme Parks and Entertainment
From local theaters to giant theme parks, entertainment venues of all kinds offer discounts for military men and women. Here’s where to have more fun for less:
- Busch Gardens: All eligible military personnel and up to three of their dependents receive one free admission per year to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place.
- Cinemark: Go see a movie for less with a government-issued military ID. Contact your nearest Cinemark theater to find out exact discount days, rates and times.
- Disneyland Resort: Eligible service members and their spouses enjoy discounted rates for select rooms valid on most nights from now until Dec. 19, 2018.
- Knott’s Berry Farm: Get into one of California’s favorite theme parks for just $52 with a military ID. The offer excludes junior tickets, senior tickets, and Knott’s Scary Farm or any other special or private events.
- Legoland: Active-duty military members receive a discount on admission tickets at Legoland California. Also, score exclusive military savings on Legoland California resort hopper and Legoland California Sea Life hopper tickets by visiting the resort’s military promotions website.
- Massage Envy: At participating locations, all active-duty military personnel can join Massage Envy at a savings of $60 annually.
- National Park Service: Get free entrance into national parks across the U.S. with the free annual pass for U.S. military, which you can obtain by showing a military ID. Standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver are also waived with the pass.
- Showcase Cinemas: All active-duty military members and their dependents can receive discounts on movie prices. Get a general admission ticket for $7.50 and bargain matinee, children, and senior tickets for just under $6.
- Universal Studios Hollywood: Excluding blackout days, discounted ticket prices are available for all active-duty and retired military personnel all year with a valid military or U.S. government I.D. at time of purchase.
Military Specials on Insurance and Financial Services
Service members can score steep discounts on financial, tax, and insurance products and services. Get your finances in order with these offers:
- Bank of America: Eligible military members can receive an interest rate reduction for a loan or credit.
- Geico: If eligible, enjoy up to 15 percent off your total insurance premium if you are an active-duty military member, retired from the military, National Guard service member or reservist.
- TaxSlayer: Active-duty military personnel who received a 2017 W-2 form can receive a free classic-edition federal tax return.
- FedEx: For USAA members, save up to 36 percent on select FedEx Express international shipping and up to 28 percent on select FedEx Express domestic services.
- Cooperativa de Seguros Multiples de Puerto Rico: PenFed Credit Union members in Puerto Rico can take advantage of up to 20 percent off auto insurance premiums and receive competitive quotes on home insurance from this insurance company.
Check Out: The Top Investment Banks
Military Specials From Mobile and Tech Companies
From hardware and software to monthly payment plans, some mobile and technology companies offer deep discounts to service members. Start saving today with these deals:
- Apple: For eligible military members and their families, discounts and promotions are available. You can purchase or “sponsor” up to three system bundles or displays, three iPads, three iPhones, three watches, and up to 10 iPods each full calendar year from January 1 to December 31.
- AT&T: Qualified active-duty military and National Guard service members, reservists, veterans, and spouses of active-duty or deceased service members can receive 15 percent off their monthly service charge under qualified plans.
- Boost Mobile: Temporarily suspend service and service charges under the Deployed Military Program.
- Samsung: Military Discount Program members can save 20 percent on a Galaxy S8, S8+ or Note8 smartphone.
- Microsoft: Enjoy a 10 percent discount on various Surface devices as an active, former or retired military member. Former service members who are business owners are eligible to receive discounts on Microsoft products they need for their business.
- T-Mobile: All U.S. military and veterans receive 50 percent off family lines.
Military Hotel and Travel Discounts
Active-duty personnel and veterans can land big deals on train, plane and bus fare. Take advantage of these military fares and don’t forget to book a hotel with a discount to enjoy when you arrive at your destination. These companies offer some of the best veteran discounts and military travel discounts:
- Amtrak: Active-duty military personnel, their spouses and dependents can receive a 10 percent discount on the lowest available fare price on most Amtrak trains, as well as permission for uniformed military personnel to skip to the front of ticket lines. This offer is invalid on non-Acela business class, first class or sleeping accommodations.
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts: Veterans and active members enjoy at least 10 percent off the flexible rate at Best Western locations in North America. This offer is also extended to Canadian military members who are on official government business travel.
- Greyhound: Veterans Advantage card members receive 10 percent off tickets purchased online or at a Greyhound station.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: Active-duty and retired military members receive a discounted room rate at participating Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Search by the military base, government building or local attraction to check availability and view exact discounted room rates.
- Motel 6: Get a 10 percent discount on a room with a valid military ID.
- National Car Rental: While traveling on official business, U.S. government travelers can enjoy benefits, including a loss damage waiver, discounted rental rates and no fees for additional or underage drivers.
- Red Roof Inn: Active military members and their loved ones can enjoy 10 percent off their room. A 20 percent discount is available to those carrying a VetRewards card.
- Sandals: Take advantage of an additional 10 percent savings on top of current promotions when you book a Sandals luxury all-inclusive vacation.
- Travelers: Members of PenFed Credit Union could save an average of $550 on auto insurance.
- United Airlines: Veterans Advantage members receive up to 5 percent off tickets for United- and United Express-operated flights purchased on United.com.
Click through to see how much money members of the military earn.
More on Saving Money