Actively searching for the best grocery deals can be an exhausting process. Unless you plan to visit each store or its website, you’ll find it hard to track price changes for your favorite groceries. Grocery comparison apps are a great alternative, saving you time and money by showing you where to find the best deals.
The 5 Best Grocery Comparison Apps
Here’s a look at some grocery comparison apps that can help you save money on food and other products.
Used by millions of shoppers across North America, Flipp is a platform that connects retailers to users. It provides access to the deals and promotions of more than 2,000 merchants with the possibility to search for a particular item you need. You can browse digital flyers, add loyalty cards and create shopping lists.
While Flipp is great for finding the best deals from each retailer, you usually can’t view products that aren’t on sale. However, the app allows you to track items and get notified if they’re at the price you’re looking for.
Although Instacart isn’t exactly a price comparison app, it’s an excellent alternative to view and compare prices from several different merchants. As the world’s largest online grocery service, it offers over 1 billion products from over 80,000 stores to browse through.
One thing to keep in mind is that Instacart prices may differ from in-store prices. Nevertheless, the prices on the app can be a great starting point, especially if you want your groceries delivered to you.
3. Price Cruncher
When there are two or more deals for your desired item, it’s not always easy to decide which one you should choose. That’s when Price Cruncher comes in handy.
It’s a simple yet useful app that lets you save, categorize and compare prices. The downside of the app is that you have to enter each price you want to compare, as it doesn’t store data from merchants.
4. Grocery Pal
Grocery Pal is an app that helps you manage your shopping lists while giving you access to sales and deals from more than 200 major retailers in the U.S. It’s best for creating and sharing grocery lists, but it can be helpful when you want to compare prices or track your savings.
To add a new item, you need to enter its attributes or scan its barcode. Then, you can compare it to other items saved in your app or the weekly deals merchants offer.
5. Grocery King
Grocery King is an app with a wide range of functionalities that can help you manage your grocery lists and savings. With a built-in catalog of over 2,000 products, adding a new product to your list is a relatively fast process.
You can sort your items by aisles, item tags and categories and convert them to cart items you can purchase. You also have the option to attach your rewards cards to your lists so you can easily use them during checkout.
One downside of Grocery King is that it only has deals from a smaller number of retailers. Another thing to remember is that you may have to purchase a subscription to access all the features. However, it’s an excellent alternative for those looking for a more complex and advanced app to manage their grocery shopping.
There are many different grocery comparison apps you can use to save on everyday purchases. While some are centered around showing you the best deals from merchants, others aim to help you manage the shopping process or organize your grocery lists.
The most important thing to consider when finding the right app is what features you need. Think about the types of items you plan to compare and whether you want to store your lists for ongoing use. Every app offers different features, so you may find combining several solutions provides you with the benefits you’re seeking.
FAQHere are some common questions people ask about grocery price comparison apps.
- How can you compare prices at the grocery store to determine the best value?
- There are many different grocery price comparison apps you can use to find the product with the best price. Some let you compare prices from various merchants, while others help you calculate your savings when deciding between products.
- Which app is better: Flipp or Reebee?
- Flipp and Reebee are pretty similar in terms of core functionality. However, Rebee is only available in Canada, so it's not the best choice for consumers seeking grocery deals within the U.S.
- Is there an app for comparing supermarket prices?
- Some of the best grocery price comparison apps are:
- Price Cruncher
- Grocery Pal
- Grocery King
- Some of the best grocery price comparison apps are:
- Is there an app to compare the prices of items?
- Yes, several apps can help you compare product and grocery prices. Instacart lets you compare product prices from major U.S. retailers, including Sam's Club, Target, Best Buy and Dick's Sporting Goods. If you're exclusively seeking grocery deals, Flipp tells you precisely what items are currently on sale at your local store.
- Is there an app to find the cheapest groceries?
- Several apps, such as Flipp, can help you find inexpensive groceries in your area. Flipp provides users with current advertising circulars for local stores, allowing you to compare prices and clip digital coupons for later use. Flipp regularly updates sale details, so you always know what deals are available in your area.
- Is there an app that compares prices from different stores to find the lowest price?
- Instacart allows users to compare prices on different products from local retailers, but you'll need to click through each item by the retailer to find the lowest price. Another alternative is Grocery Pal, which allows you to save items and check prices across different merchants.
Virginia Anderson contributed to the reporting for this article.
Information is accurate as of Oct. 12, 2023.