- Walmart stores will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Stores will have limited hours on Christmas Eve.
- Walmart will be open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
If there is one store you can count on this holiday season, it’s Walmart. The retail giant is traditionally open on major holidays such as Easter and Thanksgiving. It’s a strategy that has helped the retailer earn nearly $500 billion in net sales so far in 2018. But is Walmart open on Christmas Day this year?
Take a look at Walmart’s holiday hours for the rest of 2018.
Walmart Christmas Hours
Walmart hours on Christmas Eve will be limited; stores will be closed Christmas Day.
- Christmas Eve: Stores open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Stores closed
Note that Walmart’s operating hours for Dec. 24 might vary based on location. Call your local store to confirm in advance.
Target vs. Walmart: Price-Match Guarantee Exclusions
Walmart New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day Hours
Although Walmart stores will be open both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, hours of operation might vary from store to store.
- New Year’s Eve: Open for regular store hours
- New Year’s Day: Open for regular store hours
Walmart’s Holiday Return Policy
Walmart’s return dates are extended for gifts purchased between Oct. 28 and Dec. 25. Gifts with a 15- or 30-day return policy purchased during that time frame won’t have their return policy officially start until Dec. 26. For instance, gifts with a 15-day return date will need to be returned by Jan. 10, 2019 and gifts with a 30-day return date will need to be returned by Jan. 25, 2019. There will be no extension for gifts with a 90-day return policy.
Click through to check out the top toys of 2018.
More on Holiday Shopping and Saving Money
- Walmart Shopping Ticks to Get the Most Bang for Your Buck
- Trump’s Trade War Will Make Your Holidays This Much More Expensive
- Best Online Savings Accounts
- Watch: Groceries at Target vs. Walmart
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
Hours and policies are subject to change.