How To Use and Find Your Synchrony Bank Login
Synchrony Bank got its start as the consumer credit arm of General Electric way back in 1932, but the financial services firm was spun off as its own company in a 2014 IPO. And like other financial services companies, it provides online-only consumer banking. Synchrony does not have physical branches, so it’s important you feel comfortable banking through its website.
How To Log In to Your Synchrony Bank Account From a Computer
Logging in to Synchrony from your computer is a simple and easy process.
- Go to SynchronyBank.com
- Note that there are multiple Synchrony sites, like Synchrony.com and MySynchrony.com, so be sure you’re visiting the consumer banking site.
- Click on the “Sign In” button in the top right of the screen.
- Select the option to sign in to your Synchrony savings accounts.
- Enter your username and password, and click the “Sign In” button.
How To Log In to Your Synchrony Bank Account From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
You can also access and manage your Synchrony Bank account using the mobile app.
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and search “Synchrony Bank.”
- Download the Synchrony Bank app to your device.
- Open the app when it has finished downloading and follow the prompts to log in.
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
If you have lost or forgotten your Synchrony Bank login information, follow these simple steps to retrieve it.
- Go to Synchrony Bank’s online banking login page.
- Below the normal fields for username and password are links that read “forgot username” or “password.” Click on the one that applies to you.
- For each option, you’ll be prompted to confirm your identity by entering your Social Security number and birthdate.
How To Contact Synchrony Bank If You Have Trouble With Your Account
If you need to reach out to Synchrony for help, you can choose from the following options:
- Live chat: Visit SynchronyBank.com, click on “Contact Us” at the top of the screen, and then select the type of banking product that you need help with. From there, you can engage in a live chat with an agent if this option is available.
- Phone: If you prefer the phone, call 866-226-5638 with any questions.
Synchrony notes that deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals will have to use an operator relay service to get assistance by phone.
What Are the Benefits of Online Banking?
Online banking provides a number of considerable advantages to customers willing to forgo the more traditional aspects of banking in person. The most obvious is the 24/7 access to your account that most banks offer, allowing you to work around your schedule for many basic transactions. But perhaps more importantly, online banks like Synchrony that don’t have to pay the costs of maintaining physical locations offer higher interest rates on products like savings accounts. And many of the top online banks provide free and reliable mobile apps to their consumers, meaning you’ll be able to manage your money from almost anywhere at almost any time.
Information is accurate as of Oct. 19, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.