Newest Bank Promotions, Offers, Coupons and Bonuses: June 2021
Banks regularly offer cash bonuses and other promotions to attract new customers. You can earn hundreds of dollars just by opening an account. If you’re like many other Americans, having extra cash available during this economic climate is a comfort.
GOBankingRates reviewed banks across the U.S. in search of the best bank promos. The savings and checking account bonus offers that made the final new bank promos list were chosen based on their high cash values and how easy the rewards are to earn. Here’s what you need to know about the best checking, savings and business account promotions across the nation.
Checking Account Promotions
A checking account is a basic financial tool that everyone should have. Now may be the time to find a new bank and take advantage of lucrative checking account promotions.
TD Bank Beyond Checking: $300 Bonus
TD Bank provides online checking and high-yield savings accounts. As an online bank, TD Bank is accessible to customers no matter where they live. That’s good news if you want to earn $300 for meeting a direct deposit requirement. Here are the complete terms:
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $2,500
- Expiration date: N/A
- How to get it: Open an account online and receive at least $2,500 in direct deposits during the first 60 days.
- When you’ll get it: Within 140 days of opening the account and meeting the terms
- Terms and conditions: This offer is available to new checking customers only. No bank coupons are required.
- Monthly fees: $25, but can be waived by keeping a $2,500 minimum daily balance, receiving at least $5,000 per month in direct deposits or maintaining a combined balance of $25,000 across TD Bank accounts.
- Promotions page: TD Beyond Checking bonus offer
Citizens Checking Account: Up To $400 Bonus
Opening a new checking account and making purchases with the associated debit card could score you $400 from Citizens Bank. Read on for the details.
- Cash value: Up to $400
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $500
- Expiration date: July 8, 2021
- How to get it: Open a new checking account via the offer page and make a $500 direct deposit within 60 days of opening to receive $300. You’ll also get $2 for each debit card purchase made within the 60-day period, up to $100, for a total of $400 in bonuses.
- When you’ll get it: If you open your account in June, you’ll receive the cash by Oct. 31, 2021.
- Terms and conditions: Must not have held a Citizens checking account in the past six months and your account must be open and in good standing on the payout date.
- Monthly fees: You can choose from three of Citizens’ personal checking accounts (as long as you open the account via the offer page), so the fees vary depending on the account. Fees range from $0 for Student Checking to $9.99 for One Deposit up to $25 for Quest Checking, but there are ways to waive the monthly fee by maintaining balance minimums or making qualifying deposits.
- Promotions page: $400 online checking account offer
HSBC Premier Checking: Up To $600 Bonus
British-headquartered HSBC has two rather enticing promotions available in April: a $450 welcome deposit and a 3% cash bonus on direct deposits, both on their Premier checking account. Here’s how to get started.
- Cash value: Up to $600
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $5,000
- Expiration date: June 30, 2021
- How to get it: For the $450 welcome bonus, open a new Premier checking account through the offer page and receive at least $5,000 in qualifying monthly direct deposits for three consecutive months from the second month of account opening. For the 3% cash bonus, open an account through the offer page and set up monthly recurring direct deposits. For the six months after account opening, you’ll get 3% back on those deposits, up to $100 a month.
- When you’ll get it: Eight weeks after completing the qualifying activities.
- Terms and conditions: You must not have had a consumer deposit account with HSBC between March 31, 2018 and March 31, 2021 to qualify for the offer.
- Monthly fees: To qualify for the Premier level, you’ll need to maintain $75,000 in funds with the bank, make recurring direct deposits of $5,000 a month or have a mortgage with an original balance of $500,000 or more with HSBC. Otherwise, you’ll be charged a $50 monthly maintenance fee.
- Promotions page: HSBC Premier Checking Account Offers
Citi Priority Account Package: $700 Bonus
If you have some cash to throw around, you could be looking at $300 or $700 from Citibank when you open a new checking account. That’s a tidy sum! Find out more:
- Cash value: up to $700
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $15,000 to receive $300 and $50,000 to receive $700
- Expiration date: June 30, 2021
- How to get it: After opening a new checking account and applying directly from the offer page, you must deposit the necessary amount ($15,000 to receive a $300 bonus and $50,000 to qualify for $700) within 30 days of opening the account. Then, you must maintain that minimum balance for a consecutive 60 days to receive the bonus cash. Refer to the offer for full terms and conditions.
- When you’ll get it: Within 90 days of completing the required activities.
- Terms and conditions: You must not have held a Citi checking account in the past six months, be at least 18 years of age and meet the balance requirements described above.
- Monthly fee:
- $25 for the Citibank Account Package, waived if you maintain an average monthly balance of $10,000 across your accounts
- $30 for the Citi Priority Account Package, waived if you maintain an average monthly balance of $50,000 across your accounts
- Promotion page: Citi Priority Account Package: $700 bonus
Savings Account Promotions
A savings account is a great place to keep your emergency fund or set aside money to pay for big-ticket items. Boost your savings with one of these lucrative savings account promotions.
Alliant Credit Union High-Rate Savings Account: $100 Bonus
Teaming up with money expert Suze Orman, Alliant Credit Union is offering a bonus on their Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account. The account comes with a number of convenient features like $0 in monthly fees with e-statements, access to 80,000 fee-free ATMs and 24/7 access to online and mobile banking. Plus, it’s a high interest-earning account with a current rate of 0.55% APY.
- Cash value: $100
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $1,200
- Expiration date: Dec. 31, 2021
- How to get it: Apply to join the credit union through the Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account offer page or by phone at 800-328-1935, making sure to mention the offer by name. Then, make deposits of at least $100 a month into the new savings account for the next 12 consecutive months.
- When you’ll get it: Within four weeks of meeting the requirements after the 12-month qualifying period
- Terms and conditions: Existing Alliant Credit Union members are not eligible for this promotion.
- Monthly fee: $0 if you sign up for e-statements, otherwise $1 for paper statements
- Promotion page: Alliant Credit Union Suze Orman’s The Ultimate Opportunity Savings Account bonus offer
SunTrust Checking and Savings Account: $500 Bonus
If you’re a resident of the 10 states–that’s Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia–or our nation’s capital, you could be looking at $500 from SunTrust. Read on for the deets.
- Cash value: $500
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $15,000
Expiration date: June 30, 2021
- How to get it: Open a new SunTrust checking account with the promo code CHKSAVQ221 and make two direct deposits of $500 or more within 90 days of opening the account. Additionally, the same day, open a new SunTrust savings or money market account, fund it with $15,000 within 30 days, and maintain a balance of $15,000 or more for three months.
- When you’ll get it: Within four weeks of meeting the requirements
- Terms and conditions: You must not hold a current deposit account with the bank or have closed one in the past 180 days. The accounts must be opened on the same day under the same name and with a mailing address in the states where SunTrust operates (listed above) and you can’t be an employee of the bank or claim the bonus more than once.
- Monthly fee: Checking account fees range from $7 to $20, but there are a variety of ways to waive them by making direct deposits, maintaining a minimum balance or linking accounts.
- Promotions page: Advantage Checking and Money Market Accounts
Citi Savings Account: $2,700 Bonus
$2,700 sounds like a bundle, right? Too bad you need to be a literal millionaire to qualify for that bonus amount. Thankfully, there are lower tiers that those of more average means can qualify for. Full details:
- Cash value: Up to $2,700
- Expiration date: June 30, 2021
- How to get it: Open a new Citi Savings Account and fund it with new-to-Citibank funds within 30 days of opening. Then, maintain a minimum balance for 60 days to get the bonus. See the offer page for full terms and conditions. The deposit amounts and bonuses are as follows:
- A minimum deposit and balance of $25,000-$49,999 receives a $75 bonus
- $50,000-$99,999 nets a $135 bonus
- $100,000-$249,999 brings $275
- $250,000-$499,999 gets $675
- $500,000-$999,999 is eligible for $1,350
- $1,000,000+ will bring in $2,700.
- When you’ll get it: Within 90 calendar days after completing required activities
- Terms and conditions: New or existing Citibank customers are eligible for this offer provided they open a new savings account and follow the deposit minimums. If you’re depositing more than $250,000, please call to speak with a Citi representative. Your account must also remain open and in good standing through the period necessary to receive the funds (within 90 calendar days after completing the requirements).
- Monthly fee: There is no fee for the Citi Savings Account, but the associated checking account may incur fees, depending on the average balance and the type of account.
- Promotion page: Citi Savings Cash Bonus Offer
Business Account Promotions
Bank bonuses are also available for business accounts. Score some extra cash via these worthwhile business account promotions to share with employees or expand your business.
Chase Business Complete Checking Offer: $300 Bonus
$300 could be the boost your business needs, plus Chase Business Complete accounts come with their QuickAccept feature via the mobile app that lets you accept card payments anywhere and make free same-day deposits six days a week, as well as multiple ways to waive the monthly fee.
- Cash value: $300
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $2,000
- Expiration date: July 23, 2021
- How to get it: Open a new Chase Business Complete Checking account and fund it with at least $2,000 in new-to-Chase funds within 30 days of coupon enrollment. Then, maintain a balance of at least $2,000 for the next 60 days. Additionally, you must make five qualifying transactions, which include debit card purchases, mobile deposits, ACH credits and wires (debits and credits).
- When you’ll get it: Within 15 days of completing the qualifying requirements
- Terms and conditions: Must not currently be a Chase business checking customer or have closed an account within the last 90 days or with a negative balance in the past three years. Not for government entities, nonprofits, political action committees or campaign accounts.
- Monthly fee: The Chase Business Complete Checking account has a monthly fee of $15, but it can be waived a variety of ways, including maintaining an average beginning daily balance of $2,000 or spending at least $2,000 on your linked Chase Ink Business Card. For full details on waiving the fee, refer to the offer page.
- Promotion page: Chase Business Complete Checking offer
Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking: $750 Bonus
With a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account, you enjoy perks like unlimited transactions and online access to your account. For a limited time, new customers can select two bonus services when they sign up for a new account and earn a cash bonus of $750. Here’s how:
- Cash value: $750
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $20,000
- Expiration date: Aug. 7, 2021
- How to get it: Open an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account through the offer page or in-branch after choosing the “open at a branch” option on the offer page before Aug. 7. Deposit at least $20,000 within 60 days of opening the account.
- When you’ll get it: Within 14 days of meeting the deposit requirements
- Terms and conditions: The offer is available only to new business checking accounts for residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia. Accounts closed within 180 days may be charged an early cancellation fee.
- Monthly fees: $40, but can be waived by maintaining a minimum relationship balance of $50,000.
- Promotions page: Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking bonus offer
PNC Business Checking: Up To $500 Bonus
PNC is offering up to $500 for new business checking accounts targeted to businesses with annual revenue less than $5 million. Read on for the specifics.
- Cash value: Up to $500
- Minimum deposit to qualify: $30,000
- Expiration date: June 30, 2021
- How to get it: To receive the full $500, you must open a new PNC Treasury Enterprise Plan or Analysis Business Checking account and maintain an average ledger balance of $30,000 in the new account for each of the next three statement cycles.
- When you’ll get it: Within 90 days of meeting the requirements
- Terms and conditions: Must not be a signer on an existing business checking account with PNC or have closed one within the last 90 days and must not have claimed a promotional offer in the past 12 months. Only business accounts that cycle statements monthly are eligible for this offer.
- Monthly fees: None
- Promotion page: PNC Business Checking Account Offer
Is It Time To Switch Banks?
Now may be the time to switch banks if you can take advantage of one of the best bank promotions. Before you change banks, make sure it offers the products and services you need. A lucrative bonus is great, but it’s more important to have a bank that’s a good fit for your financial lifestyle.
Information on promotions is accurate as of May 28, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
GOBankingRates is a personal finance and consumer interest rate website owned by ConsumerTrack Inc., an online marketing company serving top-tier banks, credit unions and other financial services organizations. Some companies mentioned in this article might be clients of ConsumerTrack Inc., which serves more than 100 national, local and online financial institutions. Rankings and roundups are completely objective, and no institution, client or otherwise, paid for inclusion or specific placement. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the companies included in the article. All fees and rates are subject to change at the issuers’ discretion. Some interest rates might be short-term or promotional offers only, and it is possible additional terms and conditions must be met to obtain the interest rates listed. Rates and availability might vary by region. Verify terms and conditions before opening an account.
GOBankingRates bases its assessment of “best” and “top” products on the above-stated parameters to create a baseline for comparison. This assessment is an approximation of “best” and “top” designed to help consumers find products that might be appropriate for them. There could be other options available as well. Consumers should consider various options appropriate for their circumstances.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication. Julia Gordon also contributed to the reporting for this article.