Costco is a members-only warehouse club with hundreds of locations worldwide, selling a wide variety of merchandise that includes electronics, furniture, jewelry, clothing, groceries and more. Members also have access to services that include optical, pharmacy, photo and travel.
Check Out: How Much Is Costco Worth?
Ways to Pay at Costco
Whether you’re shopping online or in-store, there are several ways to make purchases at Costco. Here’s the full list of Costco payment options:
- Debit and ATM cards
- Electronic benefit transfer (EBT)
- Costco Cash Card
Costco does not accept American Express.
Learn: Best Store Credit Cards
Costco Visa Partnership
In 2016, Costco ended its 16-year credit card partnership with American Express. Credit card customers with an active Costco American Express credit card received a Citi Visa card as a replacement. Although some cardholders might have been anxious about the change, the rewards offered by the Costco Anywhere Visa Cards by Citi are actually better than what was previously offered by American Express.
According to Deals Plus, the cash back on gas increased from 3 percent to 4 percent, and the cash back on eligible dining and travel purchases increased from 2 percent to 3 percent. Plus, cardholders of the Costco Visa card received additional perks they did not get with the Costco AmEx, including Citi Private Pass, which allows cardholders to purchase tickets to latest concerts, sporting events and more; extended manufacturers’ warranties; worldwide car rental insurance; and damage and theft protection.
Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi Features
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi is available exclusively to Costco members. Personal and business cards are available. Here’s a quick look at the perks and features of the Costco credit card, which is one of the Costco pay options:
- 4 percent cash back on eligible gas worldwide, including gas at Costco; 3 percent cash back on restaurant and eligible travel purchases worldwide; 2 percent cash back on all other purchases at Costco and Costco.com; 1 percent cash back on all other purchases
- Can be used as a Costco membership ID
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee with paid Costco membership
If you do most of your shopping at Costco, consider the retail giant’s credit card, which could net you plenty of savings.
Click through to read about the best ways to sign up for a Costco credit card.
More on Credit Cards
- Best Low-Interest Credit Cards
- What Type of Credit Card Should I Get?
- How to Get Your Sam’s Club Credit Card Application Approved