Whether you want to consolidate high-interest debt, you’re planning for a wedding or family trip, or you need funds for some other purpose, a personal loan can give you the cash infusion you need. Discover personal loans come with an interest rate between 6.99 percent and 24.99 percent and are fixed for the life of the loan, which means your Discover personal loan payment won’t go up even if interest rates rise. Plus, Discover doesn’t charge origination fees on any personal loans, even small loans, and there are no fees for the life of the loan as long as you make your payments on time. Once you have a Personal Loan from Discover, managing it can be easy using Discover’s online login.
Creating a Discover Online Login to Manage Your Loan
Before you can manage your account online, you need to create a login on Discover’s website. Follow these steps to create an account and gain access to your loan on the go:
- Enter your account number on Discover’s Personal Loan registration web page. You can find your Discover personal loan account number in the welcome kit you received when you opened your account. The account number is located on the upper right-hand corner of both the welcome letter and the Truth in Lending Disclosure. You can also find your account number on the monthly Discover Personal Loan statements you receive each month, also in the upper right-hand corner. If you’re having trouble finding your account number, call Discover at (877) 256-2632, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., EST.
- Enter your date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name, then click continue.
- Select a username and password to create your online account.
- Verify the information is correct and submit it so that your account can be created.
- Once you have created your account, log in by entering your username and password on the Discover secure account login and clicking “Log In.”
Using the Discover Personal Loan Online Account Management
Once you have an account and are logged in, your Discover personal loan details are available with the click of a mouse. On the website, you can:
- Check your current balance
- Look up past statements
- Schedule future payments
- Enroll in automatic payments
- Sign up for paperless statements
- Make payments online
For example, if you’re out with friends and you remember your loan is due, just pull out your phone, schedule your payment and go back to enjoying yourself.
Advantages of Managing Your Discover Personal Loan Online
Your life is busy enough without having to worry about when your bills are due. When you manage your account online, you can sign up to have your monthly payments automatically made on time each month. That way, you won’t have late fees or get a ding on your credit score because you forgot to submit your payment.
In addition, with online account management, you can sign up for paperless statements so you don’t get a hard copy in the mail. Not only is that good for the environment because you’re using less paper, it’s also good for your finances because it reduces your risk of identity theft. You might not think much of throwing out the statements after you’ve read them, but you never know when an identity thief will rummage through your garbage to find your personal information. With paperless statements, that’s just one less thing for you to worry about.
Keep Learning: 6 Best Identity Theft Protection Options
Many people use Discover personal loans to manage unexpected payments or big-ticket items. Their low fees are attractive to many consumers, and being able to log in to your loan account online provides convenience, safety and peace of mind.