19 Restaurants Offering Special Menus and Deals This Mother’s Day
The special moms in your life shouldn’t have to cook on Mother’s Day, which this year falls on May 8.
You could serve her breakfast in bed — even her littlest kids could help prepare that — cook some burgers on the grill or treat her to a meal out at her favorite restaurant. This year, some restaurants, in a variety of price ranges, are offering Mother’s Day special menus.
But with so many diners still enjoying takeout, restaurant specials this year are tending toward gift card deals — buy a card and receive a bonus card, too, letting Mom pick the day for her treat. Be sure to check the expiration date on the bonus cards; most are good for a limited time.
Specials and Deals for Mother’s Day
- Bonefish Grill: One of many restaurants offering gift card specials this Mother’s Day, Bonefish Grill is dishing out $10 bonus cards with every $50 gift card purchased.
- Capital Grille: The restaurant is rolling out a special brunch menu from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mom can choose from three featured brunch entrees — lobster frittata, New York strip steak and eggs, or a center cut filet mignon.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: The restaurant has rolled out its new spring specials, just in time for Mother’s Day. Buy a $50 gift card, get a $10 bonus.
- Chart House: The special Mom’s Day menu features a three-course offering of slow-roasted prime rib, crispy king salmon or macadamia nut crusted mahi. She can also sip the limited-time Bubble’N Peach featured cocktail.
- Cheesecake Factory: Buy a $50 gift card to receive a $10 bonus gift card. Mom will enjoy a night off from cooking — and a slice of cheesecake all for herself.
- Chili’s: If you buy Mom a $50 gift card at Chili’s, she’ll also receive a $10 bonus gift card. Maybe she’ll treat herself to a slice of Molten Chocolate Cake.
- Claim Jumper: Jump in for the Mother’s Day brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $40 per person. Mom can enjoy the all-you-can-drink Mimosa special for $15. Or, if you can’t be with her that day, treat her with a gift card. Buy a $100 card and get a $25 bonus.
- Cracker Barrel: Bring home the restaurant’s All-Day Pancake Breakfast Family Meal Basket To-Go to give Mom a break, available by pre-order. It starts at $39.99, and you’ll also get a free $10 digital bonus gift card when you pick up the order
- Del Taco: Is your Mom a fan of the Crunchtada? Buy her a $25 gift card and receive a $5 bonus card. A superfan? Splurge on a $100 gift card to get a $25 bonus.
- Denny’s: The whole family, undoubtedly, will enjoy what’s on the menu at Denny’s — all-you-can-eat pancakes, cheesy scrambled eggs and hash browns for $6.99
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse: The Mother’s Day three-course menu features hand-cut filet mignon to go with either crab-stuffed shrimp or lobster tail for $90. Or buy a $100 gift card and receive a $20 bonus card.
- Fogo de Chao: Mom might live far away, but she’s still close at heart. Send her an electronic gift card at Fogo de Chao of $125 and receive a bonus $25 card.
- Jamba: Who wouldn’t want a Mother’s Day smoothie? Jamba also is in on the gift card deal: buy a $25 card, get a $5 bonus card.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: The upscale seafood chain has a three-course prix-fixe menu starting at $49 with seafood or steak as the featured entree.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: If you’re in the mood for an extravagant meal this Mother’s Day, Morton’s has a 12-ouncebone-in filet, along with sides and desserts, for Mom.
- P.F. Chang’s: The Asian chain has beefed up its menu for Mother’s Day, with a choice of wines and a four-course meal for the day. Short ribs, salmon and Peking duck are among the entrée choices.
- Red Robin: Give Mom a little bit extra when you buy her a gift card at Red Robin. The restaurant is adding a $5 bonus gift card for every $25 card purchased.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: The restaurant will have it usual menu but also Mother’s Day weekend specials: gorgonzola steak and Amalfi grilled salmon.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: From May 6 through Mother’s Day, the restaurant is offering a prix fixe meal, including a personal side and dessert, for $57. Entrée choices: steak and shrimp, steak and lobster, or two North Atlantic tails.
- TCBY: After lunch, take Mom to TCBY, where she’ll get her first six ounces of yogurt in a cup or a cone for free.
More From GOBankingRates