No other number is quite like 3.14. That’s pi — and it’s actually a drastically abbreviated version of a number that is believed to have more than 1 trillion digits following the decimal point. Used to calculate the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter, pi is one of the most important numbers and symbols for mathletes worldwide — but it also holds symbolic meaning. The number 3.14 corresponds to March 14, which is Pi Day — and coincidentally enough, the birthday of math and science genius Albert Einstein.
In honor of the special number, businesses, stores and restaurants across the country offer discount food and other merchandise on and around March 14. Here’s how you can save money on food this Pi Day.
Hack the Menu: How to Get the Best Deals for Any Dinner Out
Pi Day Deals: Free Food and More
Math aficionados around the world pause on Pi Day to honor Einstein and pay tribute to the number that makes geometry possible. But they also use the occasion to get free and discounted stuff in stores and online.
Here are places to visit for discounts, coupons, deals and Pi Day freebies:
- 7-Eleven: Use the store’s 7NOW delivery app to place an order for a whole pizza for just $3.14 on March 14. And, in-store customers who are 7Rewards loyalty program members will get 314 7Rewards bonus points for buying a whole pizza, or have the option to snag slices for just 50 cents each.
- Bakers Square: Get $2 off any whole pie from March 13 through March 14. The offer excludes cheesecake and carrot cake, and is available at participating locations.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: Stop by your local BJ’s and get a mini one-topping pizza for $3.14.
- Blaze Pizza: Download the new Blaze Pizza app and score a pizza for $3.14 on Pi Day. The deal is limited to one pie per guest.
- Bojangles’: On Pi Day, customers can pick up three sweet potato pies for $3.14 at participating locations while supplies last.
- Exploratorium: If you’re in or around San Francisco on March 14, the Exploratorium welcomes you to celebrate Pi Day and to pay what you wish to enter.
- Grand Traverse Pie Company: The Michigan-based pie purveyor is offering a free slice of Michigan ABC Crumb Pie with any purchase on March 14.
- Jet’s Pizza: The Michigan-based pizza restaurant is offering a medium one-topping, hand-tossed round pizza for $3.14 with any menu-priced large pizza. Make sure to use code 314.
- Marie Callender’s Restaurant & Bakery: Purchase one adult entree and receive a free slice of pie using this coupon.
- Pi Pizzeria: Buy one large pizza for $3.14 and get another pizza of equal or lesser value for $3.14. Also, all Pi Babies get a free large pizza.
- Pieology: Buy one artisan thin crust pizza and get another one for $3.14.
- Villa Italian Kitchen: Fill out the Villa Italian Kitchen promotion form and you’ll get a coupon for a Neopolitan cheese pizza pie for $3.14.
- Your Pie: Head to your local Your Pie and grab a 10-inch pizza for $3.14.
Keep reading to check out the best fast food value menus in America.
More on Food
- Costco vs. Sam’s Club: If You’re Craving a Steak, This Store Has the Best Deal
- 12 Foods You Can Easily Grow Instead of Buying at the Store
- Raise a Glass to St. Patty’s Day With These Copycat Shamrock Shakes
- Watch: Best Apps to get Deals on Food
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
Offers subject to change without notice.