Christmas might be drawing to a close, but holiday sales continue in full force at Walmart. The retailer hit the ground running early this year, with October promotions and Black Friday specials that started in early November, hoping to lure shoppers away from their computers and into stores. Read on to find out what products you’re likely to see discounted this year and how much you can expect to save on after-Christmas deals.
How a Walmart After-Christmas Sale Works
The day after Christmas is one of the busiest shopping days, and gift returning days, of the year and one of retailers’ last opportunities to move massive amounts of merchandise. Christmas sale decisions are made at both the corporate level, which supplies stores with markdown lists, and at the stores, themselves, based on how well the merchandise has sold so far and on inventory leading up to Christmas. There are many other factors that influence what the after-Christmas sales will be.
- Weekday vs. weekend: The day of the week Christmas falls on affects the scope of the after-Christmas sale. As Christmas is on a Sunday this year, many people will have Monday, Dec. 26 off so this could increase traffic, prompting Walmart to roll out more deals. Regardless of the day of the week, after-Christmas discounts typically are steeper than discounts leading up to the holiday.
- The Saturday before Christmas: Known by retailers as Super Saturday, is typically the second-busiest shopping day of the year, after Black Friday. If the Saturday prior to Christmas is quite busy it could reduce the stock that goes on sale the day after Christmas.
Walmart After-Christmas Sales: Electronics
Home entertainment and home office tech products top the list of pre-Christmas deals, with especially good discounts on streaming devices. But you’ll also find surprisingly good deals on wearables, including high-end earbuds and Apple Watches. Look for discounts to get deeper after Christmas on TVs, smartphones, video games, Playstation Plus membership cards and automation products.
Here are some specific electronic products to watch:
- Apple Watch Series 6 GPS, 40mm with Sports Band: This Apple Watch is $299, marked down from the list price of $399
- Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen, Smart Home Display with Google Assistant: Now $49.98, marked down from the list price of $99.98
- Bose Sports Earbuds, Wireless Bluetooth Headphones: Now $129, marked down from the list price of $179
- HP 15.6-inch FHD, AMD Ryzen 3 Laptop: Now $329.97, marked down from $369.72
Walmart After-Christmas Sales: Health and Beauty
Holiday-packaged cosmetic and bath gift sets are excellent choices for your after-Christmas shopping list because they’ll automatically be marked down come midnight on Dec. 25. Other items to watch for include personal care products like electric toothbrushes and massagers all of which were discounted before Christmas, which indicates they’ll be even further reduced in price after Christmas.
Here’s where you might see some of the biggest after-Christmas price reductions on health and beauty merchandise:
- Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold Pro Electric Razor: Now $89.99, marked down from the list price of $109.99
- Renpho Shiatsu Foot Massager: Now $112.98, marked down from $129.99
- Fairywill Electric Toothbrushes with Travel Cases: Now $41.39, marked down from the list price of $45.99
Walmart After-Christmas Sales: Toys
Christmas is really all about the toys and Walmart has deals on popular brands like Star Wars, Lego, Fisher-Price, Disney and more. Walmart might offer discounts on additional items after Christmas, and further slash prices on toys already on sale.
Here are some popular items that were marked down before Christmas and should be afterward as well.
- Lol Surprise Omg House Of Surprises Dollhouse: Now $137.00, marked down from the list price of $229.00
- Fisher-Price 4-In-1 Learning Bot Activity Toy: Now $35.99, marked down from the list price of $44.97
- Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon, Color Splash Raya and Sisu Dragon: Now $23.62, marked down from the list price of $39.99
- Jurassic World Stomp ‘N Escape Tyrannosaurus Rex Camp Cretaceous Dinosaur: Now $20.00, marked down from the list price of $39.99
- Lego Marvel Avengers: Endgame Final Battle Collectible Toy: Now 52.49, marked down from $69.99
- Star Wars The Child Animatronic Edition “AKA Baby Yoda” Toy: Now $44.85, marked down from $54.99
- Rainbow High 2021 Collector Doll Jet Dawson: Now $33.87, marked down from the list price of $57.99
Walmart After-Christmas Sales: Home Goods
The first thing many after-Christmas shoppers do is head for the holiday decor clearance shelves, but cookware, small appliances and furniture should also be sections of interest in Walmart’s after-Christmas sales. Black Friday deals were mostly for special buys that didn’t list savings. As Christmas draws nearer, however, discounts for these items are some of the steepest of any category in this roundup. Air fryers and vacuums were hot items, and celebrity-chef-branded products were also marked down.
Pay particular attention to these home items after Christmas:
- Ninja Foodi 10-in-1, 8 Quart XL Air Fryer Multicooker: Now $125.00, marked down from the list price of $216.41
- Samsung Jet 60 Fit Cordless Stick Vacuum: Now $159.00, marked down from the list price of $299.00
- Kyvol Cybovac E20 Robot Vacuum Cleaner: Now $89.99, marked down from the list price of $99.99
Walmart After-Christmas Sales: Other Products
Some of Walmart’s best after-Christmas sales might include jewelry, clothing and sporting goods. Check out these prospects for after-Christmas discounts:
- 1 Carat Diamond Bracelet in Platinum Overlay: $57.97, marked down from the list price of $399.99
- Kamado Joe Jr. 13.5 inch Charcoal Grill: Now $349.97, marked down from the list price of $499.99
- Sunnydaze Indoor Foosball Table: Now $400.49, marked down from the list price of $495.00
- Decathlon Rockrider ST50 Aluminum Mountain Bike: Now $168.00, down from the list price of $348.00
Items being marked down heading into Christmas are also the items you should watch for being cut down further in cost the day after Christmas. After-Christmas sales tend to be expansive as Walmart is trying to move through all the holiday inventory to make space for new stock.
- Does Walmart have a sale the day after Christmas?
- Yes, Walmart after-Christmas sales start on Dec. 26. Many items will be marked down in price including electronics, home goods, toys and more.
- Does Walmart offer 75% off Christmas?
- Walmart does have discounts ranging from 50% to 90% off on Christmas clearance items such as holiday decor or Christmas-themed inventory. The day after Christmas, items are marked 50% off, then typically in January items get marked 75% off.
- Do products go on sale after Christmas?
- Yes, after Christmas is a great time to shop at Walmart as many items get cut drastically in cost in hopes to move through excess inventory. Sale items will vary, but typically any items that were put on sale during the holiday season will then be further reduced in price after Christmas.
- Is the day after Christmas a good day for sales?
- Yes, the day after Christmas is a good day to get some great deals. Retailers such as Walmart are trying to get through a massive amount of holiday inventory so anything they didn't move before the holiday they will put on sale after Christmas.
Daria Uhlig contributed to the reporting for this article.
Data is accurate as of Dec. 19, 2022, and is subject to change.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.