How to Check Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
Do you need to order something on Amazon but aren’t sure if you have sufficient funds? It’s simple to check your gift card balance. You can do this both on the Amazon website and the Amazon mobile app. You also get access to the history of all the cards you’ve redeemed.
Before purchasing an item with your Amazon gift card, you need to know your gift card balance. After determining the balance, you can manually add more funds to it by selecting “Reload Your Balance.” You can also set up auto-reload for your gift balance when planning for big purchases.
You don’t have to get a gift card from someone else to take advantage of this feature. You can set up to auto-reload your or purchase additional value any time you want to, enabling you to manage your finances better. Here’s how to go about it.
How To Check Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
You can use to check your gift card balance in two ways: on desktop and the mobile app.
- Provide your login credentials for your account on the Amazon site.
- Go to the “Accounts and Lists” section and select “Account.”
- Click on “Gift cards” on the following page.
Via Mobile App:
- Open the Amazon app.
- Navigate to your profile and choose “Your Account.”
- Choose the button, “Manage gift card balance.”
How To Reload Your Amazon Gift Card Balance Manually
If you manually recharge your balance, you can avoid automatic card charges. If you don’t use your Amazon gift card balance too often or want to buy a specific item, this is the perfect option for you.
- Go to the Amazon site, “Accounts and Lists” and click on “Account.”
- Select “Gift cards” on the following page.
- On the next page, click on “Reload Your Balance” in the menu bar at the top left under “Your Gift Card Balance.”
- Choose an amount or enter it manually.
- Select “Buy Now.”
- Open your Amazon app, and provide your security credentials if prompted to do so.
- Tap your “Profile” button.
- Under “Gift Card Balance,” tap “Manage” or “Reload Balance.”
- Click “Reload Your Balance.”
- Select your preferred amount, then proceed to buy.
How To Auto-Reload Your Amazon Gift Card Balance
You can choose to set your balance to auto-reload daily or monthly or when you hit a certain minimum balance.
- Visit the official Amazon site and select “Account” on the “Account and Lists” section.
- Click on “Gift cards.”
- Under “Your Auto-Reload Setting,” click on “Set up Auto-Reload.”
- Enter your amount, your frequency, and the beginning date. You can also set it to reload automatically once the balance reaches a certain minimum amount.
- Select your preferred payment method and then save the setting to reload automatically.
- Go to the Amazon app, then click “Profile.”
- Scroll to “Your Account” and tap “Manage gift card balance.”
- Choose “Your Auto-Reload Setting.”
- Enter the amount, how often you want it to reload, and the start date. You can also set it to reload once the balance hits a certain minimum.
- Go with your preferred method of payment.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap the “Save Your Auto-Reload Setting.”
How To Check Balance on an Unredeemed Amazon Gift Card
Top Offers from our Best Banks of 2022
Check out the best accounts to help you save money and reach your financial goals!
Amazon does not allow you to check the balance on an unredeemed gift card, so you’ll have to call Amazon customer service or redeem the gift card.
How To Redeem Amazon Gift Card
Here are the steps to redeem your Amazon gift card.
- Visit the Amazon website.
- Go to “Accounts & Lists” and select “Account.”
- Select “Gift cards.”
- Select “Redeem a Gift Card.”
- Enter your gift card number in the “Enter claim code” box, then select “Apply to your balance.”
- Open the Amazon app.
- Select the menu icon.
- Scroll to the “Payments” section and click “Manage gift card balance.”
- Select “Redeem another gift card.”
- Enter the card number in the “Enter claim code box,” then tap “Apply to your balance.”
Before using your Amazon gift card, you first need to know how much balance is available. Fortunately, there are many ways to check your Amazon gift card balance on your desktop browser or using your mobile app and redeem your balance in simple steps.
Melanie Grafil contributed to the reporting for this article.