- With the holidays fast approaching, it’s time to finalize your travel plans to get the most out of your vacation dollars.
- Whether traveling domestically or abroad, it’s important to compare prices.
- Plan your travels further out to save money for holiday shopping.
Halloween decorations are out, which means the Thanksgiving holiday is only several weeks away, and before you know it, it’ll be Hanukkah and Christmas. Holiday travel planning can add more stress to an already busy time of year, but these travel deals should put a spring in your step as you save money on your holiday plans.
Click to read about how Trump’s trade war will make your holidays more expensive.
How to Get Travel Deals Now for Your Holiday Vacation
- Alaska Airlines: If you’ve ever fantasized about going away on vacation and never returning, check out Alaska Airline’s one-way trip deals, with some one-way flights running as low as $49. The airline is also offering some deals for transcontinental flights around $200.
- American Airlines: Travelers who use the AAdvantage rewards program and who book hotels through American Airlines can earn up to 10,000 miles per night on select properties. Select your temporary abode from a list of apartments, resorts, cabins and even cottages.
- BookIt.com: BookIt.com’s got some incredible deals on vacation packages, with one of the most lucrative so far being the CHIC Punta Cana by Royalton all-inclusive stay that’s marked down from $2,639 to $939. Note that deal availability and savings depend on your departure location.
- CheapOair: This website offers some impressive deals if you’re looking to travel between major cities, many in the $100 range. A flight from San Francisco to Las Vegas could cost you $102, and New York City to Los Angeles could run you under $300, according to the website’s list of sample fares.
- Delta: If you have a five-figure account with Delta’s rewards program, put those SkyMiles to use and book a round trip to Shanghai. Or, if you want to save some of those miles for future use, travel domestically to popular locales like Seattle or Las Vegas.
- Expedia: You can save hundreds on your travel plans with Expedia’s marked-down prices, provided you’re traveling to Las Vegas.
- FlightHub: Round trips below $50 might sound too good to be true, but FlightHub lists some truly impressive deals for just that range. A flight from Las Vegas to Oakland, California for example, currently costs just $48.
- JetBlue: Traveling domestically? JetBlue’s Best Fare Finder lets you see the prices of tickets on individual days, and it also recommends the best fares out of the range selected. The difference could mean hundreds of dollars saved if you just leave a day sooner or stay a day more.
- TravelPirates: Are the holidays a bit too chilly for your taste? TravelPirates has got you covered with its Cancun flight deals, letting you save as much as 35 percent or more while soaking up the sun.
- Virgin Vacations: Richard Branson’s travel company is offering a bevy of travel packages for you to take advantage of for the upcoming holiday season, such as this nine-day stay in Ireland that comes with stays in Dublin, Kilkenny or Waterford, Killarney, and Galway. You don’t have to wait until Christmas to take advantage of December discounts now. A six-day getaway to Dublin currently starts at $719, depending on the departure date.
Click to learn about the best travel credit cards.
More on Travel Tips
- How to Travel Like a Millionaire — Without the Millionaire Budget
- Las Vegas Vacation Secrets Only Insiders Know
- Are Banks Closed Today? See Full List of All Bank Holidays
- Watch: How One Woman Made Her Iceland Dream Come True
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
Deals are subject to change.