Citizens Bank is a Providence, Rhode Island-based financial institution with 1,000 locations throughout New England, the mid-Atlantic and parts of the Midwest. Like many banks, Citizens Bank offers enticing cash bonuses to attract new customers — though there are still a lot of people who don’t take advantage of these offers.
A GOBankingRates survey found that few Americans research a prospective bank’s cash signup bonuses and end up missing out on hundreds of free dollars. Learn about the latest promotions at Citizens Bank to decide if any are right for you.
- Citizens Bank Promotions at a Glance
- Current Citizens Bank Promotions
- Past Citizens Bank Promotions, Coupons and Offers
- Opening a Citizens Bank Account
- Would Switching To Citizens Bank Be Worth It?
Citizens Bank is a full-service bank that provides a variety of banking, savings and loan products for individuals and businesses. Here’s a closer look at the current Citizens Bank promotions.
|Best Citizens Bank Promotions: May 2020|
|Account||Cash Value of Bonus||Expiration Date|
|Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank||$6,500||None|
To earn a Citizens Bank bonus, you’ll need to follow certain rules. Here are all the details.
If you’re buying a home or selling a home, you may be eligible for cash back. To qualify, you’ll need to sign up with Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank. The amount of your bonus is based on the sales price of the home. No Citizens Bank coupon code is required to redeem the bonus.
- Cash value: Up to $6,500
- Not available in Alaska, Iowa, Louisiana or Missouri
- Not available with Federal Housing Administration or Veterans Affairs home loans
- Not available to homebuyers in Mississippi, Oklahoma or Oregon
- Bonus limited to $1,000 in Kansas
- Minimum deposit to qualify: N/A
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Sign up for Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank and get matched with a real estate agent and loan officer. Then, purchase or sell your home with the realtor’s or loan officer’s assistance.
- When you’ll get it: Reward will be sent within 45 days of closing.
- Terms and conditions: Reward is valid for 18 months after enrolling in Your Home Rewards.
- Monthly fees: N/A
- Promotion page: Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank bonus offer
These expired promotions can give you an idea of Citizens Bank bonuses and how they work.
Citizens Bank has four checking account options, two of which earn interest. Depending on the account, a monthly maintenance fee of $3.99, $9.99 or $25 applies. In the case of the Student checking account, the $3.99 fee is waived for students under 25. The $9.99 fee for One Deposit checking can be waived if you make at least one deposit per month. In the interest-earning Platinum accounts, you’ll save yourself the $25 monthly maintenance fee if you keep a combined balance of $25,000 or deposit $5,000 per month. Here are the details of the past $300 bonus:
- Cash value: $300
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: Customers opened a checking account by clicking the promotional page link; one direct deposit of $500 was required within 60 days.
Citizens Bank offers the choice of three savings accounts, all of which earn a small amount of interest. The One Deposit savings account is the only account that comes with a monthly maintenance fee of $4.99, which is automatically waived for the first four months. After that, account holders must make at least one deposit per month to avoid the fee. Here are the details of the savings account bonus:
- Cash value: $200
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: Customers opened a savings account by clicking a promotional page link and were required to maintain the $15,000 opening balance for a set period.
Citizens Bank also paid customers an additional $100 bonus when they opened both a checking and savings account, giving them the chance to earn $600 — just for sorting out their banking needs. Here’s are the details:
- Cash value: $100
- Expiration date: Expired
- How to get it: Customers were required to open a checking and savings account and complete qualifying activities.
Opening a Citizens Bank account is simple. You can visit a local branch, or if you’re at least 18 years old, follow these steps to apply online:
- Visit the new account page.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Provide your driver’s license or state ID information.
- Enter your contact information.
- Fund your account via debit card or by using your routing number and bank account number to transfer money.
Everything You Need To Know: How To Open a Bank Account Online
Citizens Bank has a variety of bank account options, most of which are low-cost or fee-free if you follow the minimum balance or deposit requirements. The cash bonuses can be generous. The bank’s savings account interest rate isn’t competitive enough, but if you need somewhere to keep your money for a few months before you use it, Citizens Bank offers personal service and occasional cash bonus promotions.
More on Citizens Bank
- Citizens Access Review: How Does This Online-Only Bank Stack Up?
- Best Citizens Bank Promotions, Bonuses and Offers
- Citizens Bank Routing Number – Locate Your Number
- How To Find and Use Your Citizens Bank Login
- Citizens Bank CD Rates Review: Better Rates With Checking Account
More Bank Promotions
- Best New Bank Promotions and Offers
- Best Checking Account Promotions
- Best Bank Promotions in California
- Best Bank Promotions in Florida
- Best Bank Promotions in Ohio
- Alliant Credit Union Promotions
- Ally Bank Promotions
- America First Credit Union Promotions
- Associated Bank Promotions
- Axos Bank Promotions
- Bank of America Promotions
- Bank of the West Promotions
- Barclays Promotions
- BBVA Compass Promotions
- BECU Promotions
- BMO Harris Promotions
- BOK Financial Promotions
- Capital One Promotions
- Chase Promotions
- Chime Bank Promotions
- CIBC Promotions
- CIT Bank Promotions
- Citibank Promotions
- Citizens Bank Promotions
- Comerica Bank Promotions
- Commerce Bank Promotions
- Discover Bank Promotions
- East West Bank Promotions
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions
- First Citizens Bank Promotions
- First Horizon Bank Promotions
- First National Bank Promotions
- First Republic Bank Promotions
- FirstBank Promotions
- FNBO Direct Promotions
- Frost Bank Promotions
- HSBC Promotions
- Huntington Bank Promotions
- Iberiabank Promotions
- KeyBank Promotions
- M&T Bank Promotions
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs Promotions
- Navy Federal Promotions
- Penfed Promotions
- People’s United Bank Promotions
- Pinnacle Bank Promotions
- PNC Bank Promotions
- Popular Direct Promotions
- RBC Promotions
- Regions Bank Promotions
- Salem Five Direct Promotions
- Santander Promotions
- Signature Bank Promotions
- Simple Promotions
- SunTrust Promotions
- Synchrony Promotions
- Synovus Promotions
- TCF Bank Promotions
- TD Bank Promotions
- Texas Capital Bank Promotions
- TIAA Bank Promotions
- Umpqua Promotions
- Union Bank Promotions
- US Bank Promotions
- USAA Promotions
- Valley National Bank Promotions
- Webster Bank Promotions
- Wells Fargo Promotions
- Zions Bank Promotions
Rates, offers and requirements are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citizens Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citizens Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.