Newest Citizens Bank Promotions, Bonuses, Offers and Coupons: January 2021
According to a survey conducted by Highland, nearly two-thirds of Americans say they have been living paycheck to paycheck since the COVID-19 pandemic hit. This financial squeeze has caused many to start looking for new ways to earn some quick cash. Oddly enough, opening a new bank account could pose some relief.
Like many banks, Citizens Bank is willing to reward new customers for opening an account. With more than 1,000 locations throughout New England, the mid-Atlantic and parts of the Midwest, this bank is currently running promotions that will appeal to customers in need of a new account and some bonus money. The bonus offers that made the list were chosen based on their high cash values and how easy the rewards are to earn.
Keep reading to learn about the best Citizens Bank bonuses and promotions for January 2021.
Your Home Rewards From Citizens Bank: Up To $6,500 Bonus
The only promotion currently available at Citizens Bank is a bonus for customers who sign up for and use the bank’s home buying program. Depending on where you live, you can earn a substantial bonus if you’re ready to buy or sell a home.
To qualify, you’ll need to sign up with Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank. The amount of your bonus is based on the sales price of the home. No Citizens Bank coupon code is required to redeem the bonus.
- Cash value: Up to $6,500
- Availability: Offer is not available in Alaska, Iowa, Louisiana or Missouri. Some homebuyers in Mississippi, Oklahoma and Oregon may not qualify.
- Minimum deposit to qualify: N/A
- Expiration date: None
- How to get it: Sign up for Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank and get matched with a real estate agent and loan officer. Next, purchase or sell your home with the real estate agent’s or loan officer’s assistance.
- When you’ll get it: Within 45 days of closing
- Terms and conditions: Reward is valid for 18 months after enrolling in Your Home Rewards. The reward might be limited in certain states. Federal Housing Administration and VA loans do not qualify for this offer.
- Monthly fees: N/A
- Promotion page: Your Home Rewards from Citizens Bank bonus offer
How To Save Money With a Citizens Bank Account
One way you can save money at Citizens Bank is to meet requirements that waive monthly maintenance fees. Unlike other banks that place restrictions on what qualifies as a direct deposit to waive fees, Citizens Bank doesn’t require a direct deposit for this perk for its checking accounts.
The bank is also currently offering a 0.125% rate discount if you set up automatic mortgage payments from your Citizens Bank checking account.
Opening a Citizens Bank Account
Opening a Citizens Bank account is simple. You can visit a local branch or follow these steps to apply online:
- Visit the new account page.
- Enter your Social Security number.
- Provide your driver’s license or state ID information.
- Enter your contact information.
- Fund your account with a debit card or use your routing number and bank account number to transfer money.
Are Citizens Bank Promotions Worth a Second Look?
Bank promotions are a nice perk, but they’re often just a one-time bonus. Before choosing to open an account at any bank, you should determine if its products and services are the right fit for your financial needs.
Citizens Bank has a variety of bank account options, most of which are low-cost or fee-free if you follow the minimum balance or deposit requirements. If you live in the service area, it might even be worth your while to check out all its product offerings — regardless of the offered bonus.
Information on promotions is accurate as of Jan. 23, 2021. Additional requirements may apply. Offers and terms are subject to change.
This content is not provided by Citizens Bank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citizens Bank.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication.