One of the factors that makes Amazon so popular is that the platform hosts more than a million active sellers, all competing with each other for your business. This competition ensures you get the best deal by driving prices down. However, sorting through all the sellers offering the same product at different prices can be time-consuming. Browser extensions like Camelcamelcamel can save shoppers time and take some of the guesswork out of getting the best deal on Amazon.
What Does Camelcamelcamel Do?
Camelcamelcamel is a data aggregator that uses Amazon’s pricing and customer review data to make it easy for you to find the best deals on great products. The platform also has an alert feature that informs you when prices on products fall. Camelcamelcamel is an Amazon Affiliate, meaning the company receives a commission every time someone uses its platform to make an Amazon purchase.
This free tool, which can be used directly on the Camelcamelcamel website or via a browser extension, allows you to track prices on Amazon for millions of products. With Camelcamelcamel, you can complete your purchases at the right time to ensure you are getting the best deals.
Some of the most impressive features offered on Camelcamelcamel include:
- Price Tracking: Track the prices of items you’re interested in buying to determine the best time to make the purchase.
- Alerts: Set price targets for the items you want. When the price of an item falls to your target price, Camelcamelcamel will send you an alert.
- Price History: Review the price history of items you’re interested in. You may find price trends that reveal the best time of year to buy specific products.
- Compare Prices: Compare the same product on Amazon across various sellers to make sure you get the best deal.
- Customer Review Filter: Filter search results by 1- to 5-star review ratings to get real customer insight on products before you buy.
- Browser Extension: Take advantage of the Camelizer, the company’s browser extension, to use Camelcamelcamel without loading the company’s website.
How To Use Camelcamelcamel in Your Browser
Follow the steps below to use Camelcamelcamel to find the best deals on Amazon:
- Enter “https://camelcamelcamel.com/” into your browser.
- Search for a product in the “Find Amazon Products” field in the top left corner of the page.
- Filter the results by price using the filter option at the top of the page. Click the drop-down arrow next to the “Order By” header, then choose “Price: Low to high.”
When you complete the steps above, you’ll see a list of the different offerings of the product you’re interested in and the prices from each seller.
You can take your product research a step further too. Click on one of the products you’re interested in, and Camelcamelcamel will load the product page for that item. Here’s the information you’ll find when you load the product pages on the website:
- Basic Product Details: This includes information like the manufacturer’s name, the country the product ships from and the product category.
- Amazon Price History: This chart shows how the price of the item has changed over time. You can update the price chart to show Amazon’s direct price and the prices for third-party sellers with new or used items.
How Do You Add Camelcamelcamel to Amazon?
The Camelizer is Camelcamelcamel’s browser extension. The company offers the Camelizer extension for Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Apple Safari browsers.
When you install the Camelizer on your browser, you no longer need to use the Camelcamelcamel website to find great deals on Amazon. Instead, just search for your favorite products directly on Amazon, and the extension will provide you with all the price tracking features listed above.
Pros and Cons of Camelcamelcamel
Here is a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Camelcamelcamel.
- Free to use
- Registration is optional
- Amazon wishlists can be imported
- Can only be used for Amazon
- No mobile app
- Some privacy concerns around providing email for price drop alerts
Take Your Savings to the Next Level
Camelcamelcamel is a compelling option for finding savings as you shop on Amazon, but it’s not the only option out there. You can pair the tool with others, such as:
- Google Shopping: Google is the largest search engine in the world. Therefore, the company has tons of price data on items across the web. It offers a price comparison tool called “Google Shopping” that makes it easy to compare the prices of similar items across a wide range of online retailers.
- Coupon Websites: Several coupon websites online feature coupons for Amazon products. Take advantage of these offers to get lower-than-advertised prices.
Camelcamelcamel offers one of the easiest ways to find the best deals on Amazon products. If you’re one of the many Americans who shop online, take advantage of this free service to track prices, receive customized notifications, compare sellers and save while you spend on Amazon.
FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Camelcamelcamel.
- Does Camelcamelcamel have an app?
- Camelcamelcamel does not have its own mobile app. Instead, you can use the Camelcamelcamel website or the Camelizer browser extension on Amazon's website.
- What is a camel alert?
- The camel alert feature allows you to set price alerts on product pages so you receive messages when the prices drop.
- Is Camelcamelcamel trustworthy?
- Overall, Camelcamelcamel is a trustworthy company. However, there are a few reviews on TrustPilot that suggest the company doesn't get prices right 100% of the time.
Chris Ozarowski contributed to the reporting for this article.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by any entity covered in this article. Any opinions, analyses, reviews, ratings or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any entity named in this article.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.
- HubSpot. 2022. "The Top 6 Search Engines, Ranked by Popularity."
- TrustPilot. "Camelcamelcamel.com."
- Statista. 2022. "Market share of leading retail e-commerce companies in the United States as of June 2022."
- Cloudwards. 2022. "Online Shopping Statistics & Trends in 2022."