How To Check Your Ebay Gift Card Balance
eBay gift cards make great gifts because you can buy almost anything — including gift cards to other retailers. Here’s everything you need to know about checking your eBay gift card balance if you receive one as a gift.
How To Check an eBay Gift Card Balance
Checking your eBay gift card balance is simple. Follow these steps:
- Head to the eBay website.
- When you visit the eBay website to check a gift card balance, you must first log into your account.
- If you don’t have an account yet, it’s easy to create one.
Creating an eBay Account
To create an eBay account and check your eBay gift card balance, you need to provide your first and last name, email address and create a password. When you want to buy or sell, you will need to provide other information like your physical address and phone number.
Good To Know
When using an eBay gift card, you must have an address based in the U.S.
Getting Your eBay Gift Card Balance
Once you log into your eBay account:
- Navigate to the page to check eBay gift card balances.
- Your eBay gift card has a 13-digit number that you type in to receive your balance.
Keep in mind that once you add an eBay gift card to your account and use it, you cannot transfer it to another person.
Customer Service for eBay Gift Cards
If you need additional assistance with an eBay gift card, you can visit the Contact Us page on the eBay website and chat or request that someone call you back.
Redeem an eBay Gift Card
After you add an eBay gift card to your account, it’s ready to use. Simply add products and retail gift cards to your cart and visit the eBay checkout. Your eBay gift card balance appears as a payment option.
If your purchase amount is more than the gift card balance, eBay will prompt you to add a secondary payment method for the difference. If your purchase amount is less than the eBay gift card balance, the remaining balance stays on your account until you shop again.
eBay gift cards are easy to manage and use, and checking your gift card balance on the eBay website is simple. When you need help, you can navigate to the Help and Contact page to get answers to your gift card questions and more.
eBay Gift Card FAQHere are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about eBay gift cards.
- What if I suspect eBay gift card fraud?
- 53 if you think your eBay gift card is fraudulent or suspect that someone used your gift card balance to make a purchase.
- Can I get a refund on an eBay gift card?
- eBay doesn't generally issue refunds on gift cards once a purchase is complete. The eBay website does state that gift cards may be refunded if required by law.
- Is there an eBay gift card limit?
- You can use eBay gift cards to pay for up to $1,000 per transaction and up to a total of $1,500 per calendar month. You can redeem up to four eBay gift cards in a single purchase transaction.
Our in-house research team and on-site financial experts work together to create content that’s accurate, impartial, and up to date. We fact-check every single statistic, quote and fact using trusted primary resources to make sure the information we provide is correct. You can learn more about GOBankingRates’ processes and standards in our editorial policy.